Ping i210s

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Looking to get some new irons this year and I had my heart set on the i200s, but with the release of the i210s my mind has been changed.

Anyone gaming them? Thoughts and opinions on them?

Could still pick up the i200s from various shops, but is it worth getting them over the i210s just to save £150?

I'm currently playing WilsonStaff C200s, but I'm now at a point where I'm looking for more control; more consistent, reliable spin. I'm not fussed about my 7 iron going 180 yards anymore, I'm tired of huge dispersions front to back, which is why I've been looking at the i200s/i210s, plus I think they look beautiful.

Thanks

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
I like the I500'S

They have 3 x variations of lofts on their new sets now, some are ridiculously strong and imo leave gaps at the bottom end of the bag. Definitely seems better in retro loft.

7 iron for instance on the I210's comes in:

33.0 Standard
31.5 Power Loft
35 Retro loft.

The i500'S are even more insane.

30.5 Standard
29 Power Loft
32.5 Retro Loft

Powerloft imo seems to be there to satisfy demands of those who want to hit a 7 iron 180 yards at the cost of 8-PW consistent gapping. Just my opinion.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My coach was up for the i200s for me. And that was all systems go. But then the i210s appeared and I asked the question - his answer - the i500s - more expensive but a lovely forge-like feel iron I'd love - he says - and they hit it miles. Wonder what his cut of a sale would be :)

Last edited:

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
My coach was up for the i200s for me. And that was all systems go. But then the i210s appeared and I asked the question - his answer - the i500s - more expensive but a lovely forge-like feel iron I'd love - he says - and they hit it miles. Wonder what his cut of a sale would be :)

They’re not really forged as such. Yes, they have a forged face but only the face. And it’s not soft carbon steel, and with being hollow as well you don’t get the traditional forged “soft” feel.

I’m not knocking the i500’s, I will 100% be getting a set as soon as I buy the other half an electric trolley, but I’m not buying them because they have a lovely forged feel, they don’t.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Just back from picking them up... hit a few 9 irons as I needed to be back for a work call... but nice and high and straight... heading back to the range for a proper try out after Ive finsihed working....medal tomorrow :D Butm, they look very nice indeed....

Funny thing is that Pro asked wht I was doing with the i25s. I said the 6 and 9 have flaking chrome on the heads, whicjh we were going to send back last year.. so he tool the whole set off me and they are going back to Ping for a refurb............ so, if anyone is interested in some Black Dot reg shaft 4-SW in two or three weeks let me know! :D

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Just back from picking them up... hit a few 9 irons as I needed to be back for a work call... but nice and high and straight... heading back to the range for a proper try out after Ive finsihed working....medal tomorrow :D Butm, they look very nice indeed....

Funny thing is that Pro asked wht I was doing with the i25s. I said the 6 and 9 have flaking chrome on the heads, whicjh we were going to send back last year.. so he tool the whole set off me and they are going back to Ping for a refurb............ so, if anyone is interested in some Black Dot reg shaft 4-SW in two or three weeks let me know! :D

Nice one.

I hit the 7 iron at AG today, absolute dream to hit. I need these in my life ASAP.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Net 74 in the medal this morning with the new bats... went to the range last night, swinging like an idiot! Felt really anxious about playing! First hole, decent drive, 9 iron to green... boom, high and straight....10 feet from pin... all the par 3s were reg pars. One huge horseshoe out cost a birdie.

Would have got cut except for a couple of wonky drives and a fairly poor bash with the long hybrid... the new i210s were really good... confidence is contagious!

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Net 74 in the medal this morning with the new bats... went to the range last night, swinging like an idiot! Felt really anxious about playing! First hole, decent drive, 9 iron to green... boom, high and straight....10 feet from pin... all the par 3s were reg pars. One huge horseshoe out cost a birdie.

Would have got cut except for a couple of wonky drives and a fairly poor bash with the long hybrid... the new i210s were really good... confidence is contagious!

Good work. Glad to hear they're working for you already. My desire for these grows stronger!