Ping i15 Driver anyone tested one.

algar5

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm with you on i15 haven't tried one out but it looks the business and it certainly seems to get good reviews. I'm interested as well to hear from anyone who has one or indeed just tested one.

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
I've got one, an 8.5 with a stiff shaft. I still prefer the look of the G10 but the new I15 performs better for me, it has a great shaft that reduces backspin which was always a problem for me. I could just have easily gone for a custom shaft in a G15 but the head looked just a bit closed to me when addressing the ball.
Hope this helps

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've hit both at AG and to be fair I didn't like the G15 at all and much preferred the G10. The I15 I actually hit better but wasn't form em. Not sure why apart from I seemed to fade everything. It does look the business behind the ball and those lucky enough to be at Walton Heath are in for a treat trying it

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Steve, I've got the 9.5 deg with the lower launch angle UST AXIVcore Tour Red 69 shaft. I absolutely love it!!

I was looking for a more penetrating ball flight as I've always had a high ball flight and I've found it with this club. It has a lovely solid sound off the tee.

Homer, it's set up with a slight draw bias to aid workability which might possibly explain why you hit a few fades with it.

It has a longer hosel so can be adjusted (not DIY) if required.

Drivers I have previously owned are Callaway Great Big Bertha & ERC II, Ping G10, Nike STR8fit, and I would have to say that this is better than all of them, (although I did had a very special fondness for my ERC II before they banned them!!)
It's hard to make comparisons with length yet due to the ground conditions, but my early thoughts are that it is definitely longer than my Nike, and probably longer than my G10. I think I've found one that's gong to stay in the bag for a while with this one.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers for the reply guys , i think i'll take one out as a demo and see how i get on with it ,it does look good tho.Have a 909 D2 with a Voodoo shaft in it which seems a bit dead and am falling out of love with it, wasn't going to change but am easily swayed.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I quite like the sound of the 11 degree one with the Mamiya shaft option in regular for doddery old buggers......

Wonder if they'll have one in the tour truck at Walton Heath????

;) ;) ;)

T

thecraw

Hold the bus Steve!

Flashback to Dundonald and just remember how good the Rapture V2 felt in your hands, its a beautiful, sexy club, just designed for your needs!!!

I may know a man who may just have one for sale after the 7th April!!!

(mates rates!)

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Correct mate but you might need it after getting fitted with a 13 degree G15 with a senior shaft. :D :D.

I know what your saying but the I15 looks the business.

T

thecraw

Think I'll just take a sneaky wee look at the Ping website and drool at all these WRX shaft options! Voodoo, mmmmm, Matrix Ozik, mmmmmmm. Oh God this is going to be tough!

Have a wee think Steve a Rapture V2 is what your missing!

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I really can't make up my mind... V2, G15 or i15?

I'll let the Ping guys decide :)

Ping3.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure you'd take it with no argument if they suggest the 'Super Game Improvement' Rapture V2.

There's only one guy on our team they're going to offer that baby to :eek:

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Think I'll just take a sneaky wee look at the Ping website and drool at all these WRX shaft options! Voodoo, mmmmm, Matrix Ozik, mmmmmmm. Oh God this is going to be tough!

Have a wee think Steve a Rapture V2 is what your missing!

Rapture V2 is the pick of the bunch for me. I'm just getting mine re-shafted with a Matrix Ozik X-Con 6 extra stiff I bought brand new for £120.00 :) good times!

I would go to Gainsborough if possible as they will give you a proper fitting, then you will know you have the correct driver for your swing characteristics.