Ping G425 Max 3W - Random rubber circle in head?

rystaman

Visit site
Evening all,

I purchased a G425 Max 3W from Golfclubs4cash which I received today and went to the range as soon as I could. While attempting to adjust the loft sleeve, I found it to be absurdly tight after the screw was undone to get the head off. When I managed to get the head off this rubber circle popped out from somewhere, and that seemed to be why it was so tight to get the head off. I am struggling to find where this circle belongs and was hoping someone else who has a G425 Max 3W could provide me with some guidance on where to reinsert it or if it is needed at all! Thank you.

BB2A88DA-6CAD-4258-9CC9-D78026CE41BD_1_105_c.jpeg

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I wonder if it was on the end of the shaft where the thread is, although I have never seen one before. Does the head tighten up ok to the torque wrench setting without it In.

rystaman

Visit site
I wonder if it was on the end of the shaft where the thread is, although I have never seen one before. Does the head tighten up ok to the torque wrench setting without it In.
It does indeed, there was no issues tightening it back up, I might give Ping an email see what they say too

Visit site
Hi rystaman. The rubber grommet is to keep the screw in place in the head when you want to change loft settings. Mine came out when I adjusted it once and the screw came free. It does not affect anything on the club as long as you tighten with the ping wrench until you hear the ‘clicks’ when it’s at the correct torque.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ping heads to tend to bind to the shaft and are difficult to remove. I suspect it is due to where 2 different materials Giving them a little knock might help loosen rather than pulling.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi rystaman. The rubber grommet is to keep the screw in place in the head when you want to change loft settings. Mine came out when I adjusted it once and the screw came free. It does not affect anything on the club as long as you tighten with the ping wrench until you hear the ‘clicks’ when it’s at the correct torque.
This is the right answer, I also found the shafts a little hard to remove. I ended up holding the head steady with my foot and twisting the shaft and pulling. All is fine now.