Ping driver head washer ?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just taken the head off my G400 and the screw fell out.

I remember Titleist have rubber washers to hold the screw in place but can't remember if there was/ should be the same on a ping ?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

I remember Titleist have rubber washers to hold the screw in place but can't remember if there was/ should be the same on a ping ?
My driver is in my locker so can't check for you.
Whatever method they use, I'm pretty sure the screw shouldn't fall out.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
From what I remember, there is typically no rubber washer used to hold the screw in place on the head. The screw is designed to fit securely into the threaded hole without the need for any additional washers or rubber inserts.
Agreed, just what is known as a captive screw.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The washer is there to keep the screw in the head once it's removed from the shaft on the Titleist, nothing more.
I removed the head of the ping and the screw fell on the floor luckily I found it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If you screw the bolt out while the shaft is still in the head the rubber washer can stick on the inside of the head.
Just check If not it might be loose in the head!
The washer is only there to retain the bolt so if you put your shaft back on it will be fine without it.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
You don't have to actually fully remove the screw to make adjustments to the angle of the driver head, just loosen off enough for the head to retract and to turn it, obviously if you were removing the head this is irrelevant.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
AS per Old Colner

If you keep on unscrewing the bolt the washer will act like a nut allowing you to fully remove the bolt and the washer will be inside the head.

When you are unscrewing it try the head from time to time to see if it will come off the shaft.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is no washer, the screw fell out when I was changing shafts.
It's a bugger to put one on, I managed it on a Titleist driver but the recess is a lot deeper on pings. Luckily I didn't lose the screw and I have spares

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Slightly wet the end of the shaft so the washer sticks to it. Put the head on the shaft with shaft vertical then put the bolt in .

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is worth noting that there is different arrangement of the washers in a Titleist adapter to the Ping Note on the Ping the rubber washer does not sit at the very end of the bolt

I have photoed the PING v the Titleist adapter (note also the are different thread sizes)

PS the PING adapter was for a 3 wood so not sure if the driver adapter is the same length)

DSCN4613.JPG