Ping G425 3 Metal

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm looking to buy a Ping G425 three wood. I want one with 16* of loft. My question is: do I get the SFT version which is 16* or do I get the MAX version at 14.5* and adjust it up a degree and a half to 16? I'm not a slicer and sometimes hook the ball so I'm thinking the MAX might work better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The reason I want a 16* is I'm old and cannot get a 14.5 or 15 degree up in the air like I could 10 or 15 years ago.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I thought if you increase loft, you close the face, and that won't help a hook. If the SFT in the 3metal is anything like the driver, that won't help your hook either.
Don't forget that loft isn't just from the club, it's also how you deliver the club at impact. I know people with a 9° driver who can launch into space and others with a 12.5° who hit it lower than my 10.5°.
The choice of shaft can also influence launch.
I'd suggest the Max in a high launch shaft and leave it alone.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I avoided the SFT because it promotes a right to left shot

Ping Adapters change the face angle when you change the loft so it would be worth looking at the 5 wood and the 3 wood as you can change either to 16 degree but one would open the face the other close the face

Hoganman1

Visit site
I was able to demo a G425 three wood last week and it didn't work for me. I'm going to stick with my TM M2 High Launch three which is 16.5*. It's really a four wood and even though it's several generations old it still works for my game.