Ping G10 stiff or regular shaft

jjames

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi there,

Recently went to look at and have a hit of the G10 draw version driver and was impressed by the performance, look and sound etc. However not sure whether to go with stiff or regular. I'm looking to keep the ball flight down and I have a very high swing speed for my handicap (112mph) on average.

Thanks in advance

T

thecraw

With that swing speed I would always suggest stiff, possibly even x flex, never regular.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
how do u know your swing speed, i have not got a clue what mine is!

The most reliable method is to get a pro to measure it on a launch monitor. That will also give some other data which is used to help decide loft of driver, face angle etc. You will get ball speed, so the driver head speed and the ball speed give you an idea how well you convert the speed into distance. Launch angle and spin are also important. Spin can be side spin or backspin. Some monitors will also measure swing path and face angle.

jjames

Medal Winner
Visit site
I used the american golf simulator net and on average my launch was around 14/15 degrees and swing speed 110 or so. Average shape slight fade. Don't get much roll with my drives. Just need to get it coming out lower.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
14/15 degrees sounds good to me. Do you remember what the backspin figure was?

I think 14 or 15 degrees is possibly a shade high for 110mph swing speed, great for the average player though. Would need very low spin flight to avoid ballooning.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

jjames

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yeh I was going to say Quiros is an absolute beast! Daly looks like an old age pensioner next to him. O'Malley and Oldcorn seems to be pretty slow and not much carry - clearly must have other strengths.