Ping club damaged again

G1z1

Visit site
So I am currently on my 3rd PW from ping it’s the g425 PW and yet again the chrome is coming away from the club. Just don’t know what to do now, getting fed up with this. What can I do ? Could I send all the irons back as I don’t really want any ping clubs now ?63412BF8-F1A1-43B8-922B-9B9DFDE93593.jpeg

G1z1

Visit site
Also it’s only happening with the PW all other clubs are in perfect condition and no I haven’t been hitting any rocks lol

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I had that with my i25s. It was truly bizarre. They replaced it FOC, but it's put me off their irons from here on, and I got shot of them last year.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If this is the 3rd time then itsgot to be something that you're doing.
I haven't heard anything bad about the quality of the 425s in general...and they've sold a lot of them..
How do you store your clubs?
When you put them in the car is there something that only the wedge rests up against?
From memory your last wedge had the problem in a similar place....that suggests its not the club but something you're doing to it..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If this is the 3rd time then itsgot to be something that you're doing.
I haven't heard anything bad about the quality of the 425s in general...and they've sold a lot of them..
How do you store your clubs?
When you put them in the car is there something that only the wedge rests up against?
From memory your last wedge had the problem in a similar place....that suggests its not the club but something you're doing to it..
Indeed.. could be that he has the wedge in the bottom slot of the bag and it keeps banging against his trolley or against the boot when he puts his clubs away.

G1z1

Visit site
My bag setup is my 4 wedges go in the large bottom slot and there randomly in there all banging about the same and it’s only the PW that’s getting damaged no other wedges or irons. It’s so weird 3rd time it’s happened. Then bag goes in large boot and they don’t really move about at all then I take them inside each night.I will also add the other two PW I had B8CA930E-D21B-451B-8A7B-6451AC43731D.jpeg38B796BC-A7B6-4C08-BFA4-A71A1DA0EDE5.jpeg

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I had that with my i25s. It was truly bizarre. They replaced it FOC, but it's put me off their irons from here on, and I got shot of them last year.

I had issues with the I25's too. Still got them and I've even sent my 9 iron back this week to get a new weight put in. To be honest never really let the chrome problem bother me. DOesn't affect playability

Bratty

Visit site
I had issues with the I25's too. Still got them and I've even sent my 9 iron back this week to get a new weight put in. To be honest never really let the chrome problem bother me. DOesn't affect playability
Nor does that weird weight thing in the cavity, as my 9 iron lost it too! Made no difference... I was just as crap without as with it! ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nor does that weird weight thing in the cavity, as my 9 iron lost it too! Made no difference... I was just as crap without as with it! ?
I do see a degree of distance loss on the toptracer even compared to my I series version. Taking a punt as I read on here of someone getting an I25 replaced recently although I'm not 100% convinced they'll be able to do anything given the age

G1z1

Visit site
Took my PW back today, pro agrees it’s unacceptable and he’s sending all the irons back to ping for a refund. Also at my local club two other people had had the same problem, so sounds as if its not as rare as ping would have you believe. Now need to get a fitting right away for some new clubs.

Bratty

Visit site
Took my PW back today, pro agrees it’s unacceptable and he’s sending all the irons back to ping for a refund. Also at my local club two other people had had the same problem, so sounds as if its not as rare as ping would have you believe. Now need to get a fitting right away for some new clubs.
You got anything in mind? Callaway Apex DCB sound like a good alternative to the G425s.

G1z1

Visit site
You got anything in mind? Callaway Apex DCB sound like a good alternative to the G425s.
Not sure, like the look of the mizuno pro irons but i might go to Scott gourly for a fitting, hes stocks just about every brand except ping.

Bratty

Visit site
Not sure, like the look of the mizuno pro irons but i might go to Scott gourly for a fitting, hes stocks just about every brand except ping.
Yeah, they look lovely alright! Probably a perfect place to go for you, as Ping will be the only ones you don't care about.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looks like a batch issue with plating. I’d guess they batch plate and it seems the wedges just haven’t been plated correctly. I’d lean towards rush plating caused by playing catch-up on orders.

G1z1

Visit site
I went for a mizuno fitting today and hit the 223/225 they were both quite similar numbers for me and lovely to hit but I just liked the look of the 225 more. So going to go with them pw to 5 iron and just need to figure out what wedges I want.

RichA

Visit site
I went for a mizuno fitting today and hit the 223/225 they were both quite similar numbers for me and lovely to hit but I just liked the look of the 225 more. So going to go with them pw to 5 iron and just need to figure out what wedges I want.
Good luck getting your handicap down with those...
"Equally effective as a long / mid-iron alternative for elite players or a complete set for low to mid handicaps."
Love the look of Mizuno irons. Had a side by side fitting a year ago - JPX921 Forged v Ping G425. Desperately wanted the Mizunos, but in the end it was a victory for common sense over ego. I realise you're not happy with Ping, but how they play is more important than how they look in the boot of your car.