Phone Advice

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you're used to Android there's no real point switching to Apple. They're not better or anything, they do much the same thing, but you'll have to get used to a new interface, buy new chargers and whatnot. Pointless.

If you want a good contract deal on a new phone go to somewhere like https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/ as they'll give you much better value than O2 etc can offer directly. (Something to do with them saving costs by not having offices or very many staff.)

Agree, and if you're into your music then I've found iTunes to be a massive pain in the backside. Click the wrong button and bang, all your music is gone in one fell swoop. I ended up using a bit of free software called Anytrans iirc, works much better.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree, and if you're into your music then I've found iTunes to be a massive pain in the backside. Click the wrong button and bang, all your music is gone in one fell swoop. I ended up using a bit of free software called Anytrans iirc, works much better.
I'm pretty sad and old school, I still have mp3s downloaded onto an SD card to listen to, haha. But someone told me new phones won't have SD card slots anymore, which is really annoying. Will have to make my current one last several more years.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm pretty sad and old school, I still have mp3s downloaded onto an SD card to listen to, haha. But someone told me new phones won't have SD card slots anymore, which is really annoying. Will have to make my current one last several more years.

Just get a phone with decent on-board storage and you're sorted. At least with Android it's just a matter of drag and drop as opposed to iTunes who want your credit card details just to be able to listen to Sam Smith ?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have the Motorola G7 Power. Lots of battery life and the fingerprint sensor is at the back (I have a works S10 and the on-screen fingerprint sensor gets on my wick, nowhere near as accurate or responsive). I would personally avoid Huawei at the moment since they have lost the association with Android.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Some phones now have twin SIM slots, one of which can also be used for the SD card. It depends on the make and model.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just get a phone with decent on-board storage and you're sorted. At least with Android it's just a matter of drag and drop as opposed to iTunes who want your credit card details just to be able to listen to Sam Smith ?
To be fair I have 30gb of music on the card and about 60gb still free on the phone - but the music was already on the SD card from my previous phone so was easier to plug it straight in. ??

Grizzly

Visit site
Stick with Samsung's mate. I had a Huawei before and the battery was trash after 12 to 18 months on that as well. On Samsung they last a lot better, my current one is a year old now and still good as new.

I certainly wouldn't go for another Huawei phone after this one - but if I can make it last a while longer with a new battery I'll do so as its not like I will get something significantly better in a new one!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why would anyone want to do that? o_O

I went from an S Samsung to an A41. Does the same job as far as I can tell. Only missing thing for me is that it doesn't keep the time and date on the screen in sleep mode. That was handy, particularly when away in a hotel room. Minor detail though. Great in all other ways. Going from Android to Apple, that's like crossing the river. Best not to :LOL:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hope this is not hijacking the thread, but how happy are you with the screen brightness off your phone.

I've got a Samsung A8 - the phone itself is fine, got the capacity & functionality I want. But the screen is hopeless outside. If it's bright daylight , screen is hard to see. Bright sunlight and its impossible. I see loads of folk happily using phones outside - so presumably not everyone's phone is as bad as mine seeming is?

Grizzly

Visit site
Happy days - £45 and two hours later, it has a new charging port and is as good as new. That leaves about £350 spare to buy golf gear... Ideas? ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Happy days - £45 and two hours later, it has a new charging port and is as good as new. That leaves about £350 spare to buy golf gear... Ideas? ?
If you know your specs look at sub70 irons, google/YouTube them. Getting great reviews and half the price of mainstream stuff ?