PGA championship

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My least favourite major but in this desert of significant golf tournaments I’m quite looking forward to it. I shall do my best to refrain from grumbling at the coverage from sky...probably ?.

I fancy DJ, what say you?

Fabia999

Visit site
Bryson stands a good chance if he can hit the fairways. That rough is deep though and I know what he done on the 16th at the memorial. Wouldn't surprise me if he got himself cut from losing his head. I completely missed his round yesterday though so I'm not sure how hes playing.

I think Brooks has a great chance if not him then DJ or hopefully Tiger.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
It feels like this course should be there for the taking, but with the rough, a couple of tough holes it looks like the final stretch on Sunday could be interesting. Although, if you can hit long enough, and wide enough, it seems you can be quite a bit luckier than someone who at least tried to keep it on the fairway. Good to see players struggle to hit the green on the 237 par 3! We've a 223 par 3 and it's very difficult (although we have woods left, stream right and OOB just right of that and bunkers and water long. So, arguably, that's harder!

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm becoming intrigued by Brendon Todd. Even though he's from here in North Carolina, I knew nothing about him until recently. He kind of reminds me of Furyk. He's not a bomber, but he rarely misses the fairway and he is a fabulous putter. Granted he has faltered ( I hate saying choked) the last couple of times he has had the lead. I guess we will see what happens. Still he keeps putting himself in a position to win and he has won twice though in lesser events.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I get that the tournament is on the West coast, but I'm a little disappointed at the lack of early TV coverage. I know those of you across the pond hate waiting until 9:00PM to watch.
How did ESPN get the early coverage anyway? They have The Masters too. I guess the fact that their competitor NBC owns the Golf Channel means that GC cannot cover the early rounds of events CBS televises. Is Sky Sports doing anything in Europe?