Peter Allis RIP

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Around With Alliss was on last night with Terry Wogan at Ashridge GC, Pedro hits a 2-iron that he didn’t catch but still hit the green. Love him

D

Deleted member 1147

Around With Alliss was on last night with Terry Wogan at Ashridge GC, Pedro hits a 2-iron that he didn’t catch but still hit the green. Love him
It was fantastic. Especially the style on show.

It’s a shame there aren’t more people on tv and radio like them; sensible, coherent and witty!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

If you've got catch up on your TV box, go back on the planner to the hour before Around with Alliss and watch the tribute show, including the infamous Carol Vorderman incident; still makes me titter despite knowing full well what's coming. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Monday night 9pm on BBC 4 I think. If you just want the short version...

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site

It’s a shame there aren’t more people on tv and radio like them; sensible, coherent and witty!

The knit and headwear was tremendous. They seemed like they found out each other genuinely very funny

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you've got catch up on your TV box, go back on the planner to the hour before Around with Alliss and watch the tribute show, including the infamous Carol Vorderman incident; still makes me titter despite knowing full well what's coming. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Monday night 9pm on BBC 4 I think. If you just want the short version...

can’t find this on catch up FFS.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Watched it earlier today and it took me right back...indeed reminded me of why I really liked Peter Alliss commentary - despite criticisms of some of what he said later in life. Just loved that gentle and thoughtful programme.

And just watching took me back to the days of pro-celeb golf...a programme so crucial to engaging me with golf in my teens as it engaged my dad...even though he wasn’t much of a golfer. Me, my brother and my dad watched all together, my dad got interested and through that interest he could see I needed better clubs than his old set of mixed bag of hickory and brown painted steel shafted clubs and so he bought me my first set of irons...my late 1960s Macgregor Tourneys. And proudly armed with that set that was me setting out to conquer the world of golf...well Deaconsbank to start with.