Joni Mitchell
Judie Tzuke
Tori Amos
John Martyn
Cat Stevens
Joan Baez
Patricia Kaas
Nina Simone
Wow! You must really like eating sandpaper! And no apology to the 2nd part of the thread title!

Great song-writers/songsters by all means. But surely the likes of James Taylor, Carole King and Carly Simon have to be in amongst several of those!
Did/Does Bob Dylan actually sing?
Joan Baez, Nina Simone and John Martyn are excluded from the above comments btw, though Martyn's guitar work is better than his vocals imo!
Btw. I'm still contemplating my list as it's quite difficult to separate 'Vocalist' from 'Songster'! If it was just the latter, Jimmy Buffett would occupy pretty much all 10 places!

D

Deleted member 1147

Wow! You must really like eating sandpaper! And no apology to the 2nd part of the thread title!

Great song-writers/songsters by all means. But surely the likes of James Taylor, Carole King and Carly Simon have to be in amongst several of those!
Joan Baez, Nina Simone and John Martyn are excluded from the above comments btw, though Martyn's guitar work is better than his vocals imo!
Btw. I'm still contemplating my list as it's quite difficult to separate 'Vocalist' from 'Songster'! If it was just the latter, Jimmy Buffett would occupy pretty much all 10 places!
Good to see that the forums biggest pedant couldn’t abide by the thread’s title ??

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In no order.

Levi Stubbs
Robert Plant
Chris Cornell
Roy Orbinson
Robin Pecknold (fleet foxes)
Freddie - naturally..
Kurt cobain
Joanna Newsom
Liz Fraser
Bowie

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Aside from the second part of the title, the first part says 'vocalist' rather than singer. You don't have to be an incredible singer to be a great vocalist, or frontman of a band for example.