Personal milestone

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Congrats! and very well done!

It's an ambition if my own but closest I've got to it is 11.8. That 2.4 looks a small step on paper but is a big gap to bridge so will take a bit of doing.

Were you in a run of good form recently and knocking at the door, or did you shoot the lights out in a brilliant round?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers Fabian, if I practice a bit I might get better :D

Congrats! and very well done!

It's an ambition if my own but closest I've got to it is 11.8. That 2.4 looks a small step on paper but is a big gap to bridge so will take a bit of doing.

Were you in a run of good form recently and knocking at the door, or did you shoot the lights out in a brilliant round?

Bit of both really, been buffering or getting small cuts but this time played a good game.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I remember how chuffed I was when I reached the same milestone. It instilled greater belief in my ability and I continued to come down, hopefully you'll do the same :thup:

Hope Homer doesn't see this post, he might get jealous :eek:

Nope. Always pleased when other golfers manage to hit the single figure barrier and just use it as personal inspiration to try and match them. Well done to the OP!

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well done, Greig.

As others have said, once I got under 9.5, I dropped another couple fairly quickly because I wasn't putting myself under any pressure, even subconsciously. Keep on playing the way you're playing :thup:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Following a decent stab at the Twilight medal Monday night, result came through at last and for the first time since I was 16 (20 years ago) and first time in my adult life, a cut of 1.0 has seen me to 9.2 and single figures.

Very chuffed and now focussed on keeping it that way.

Awesome! Congrats!

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
Cheers Fabian, if I practice a bit I might get better :D

Bit of both really, been buffering or getting small cuts but this time played a good game.

We'll done. Just to change the subject a we bit. Story's going about your club is on the verge of closing is this correct.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
We'll done. Just to change the subject a we bit. Story's going about your club is on the verge of closing is this correct.

Not really. Like many clubs we face financial challenges. But measures have been taken and a large sum has been raised recently by the memeber base to stabilise things.
The stories of our demise are premature.