People still playing

JGolfer

Visit site
So I have thought about posting this for about 3 weeks. I drive past my club on a daily basis for work (my father also drives past it multiple times a day)

Everyday we constantly see people out on the course playing (the course is closed)however it’s on public ground and you could walk the course freely, as a public path links to it, only positing today as I was stuck at traffic lights, I saw around 8 blokes standing on the tee waiting to tee off.

Anybody else noticed anything similar? (I do wonder how the still working green keepers don’t seem to ever notice this)

I have contemplated emailing someone to raise the issue. But don’t want to be that guy, but then again, maybe people like this are the reason we are in lockdown in the first place for not following the guidelines.

If this was you, what would you do?

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd happily call the police although I imagine they have more serious stuff to deal with.
Before total lockdown we were in Tier 2 (remember those happy days). We got loads of visitors from Tier 4 areas and when our club called the police to check whether they should take bookings or report the people trying to do so they were told it was not their job to police compliance and they should continue as normal.

Didn't surprise me that total lockdown followed shortly afterwards as people clearly didn't bother about the guidance not to travel between tiers.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is where the complete lockdown theory falls over. Police will not police it or enforce it. One of my mates who’s a member walked around his course and kicked two non members off who were playing. It got confrontational but that’s the world we now live in.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The only thing that has been reported to our manager is members (or maybe others) playing on the part of the course that is accessed by another road well away from the clubhouse. Greenstaff are still working so they will report any members they see to the manager.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
This is where the complete lockdown theory falls over. Police will not police it or enforce it. One of my mates who’s a member walked around his course and kicked two non members off who were playing. It got confrontational but that’s the world we now live in.
It seems very haphazard. A friend of a friend of mine was fined £100 for going to a garden centre, because there was another garden centre open that was closer to his house. And then of course there were the two ladies from Derbyshire who were fined, but from everything I read, they weren't breaking any rules at all...

I'm a key worker and have been issued with a letter saying as much. Never had to use it once though.

As for the guys playing golf, they are very naughty boys. I will also admit that there are times I am tempted to go for a walk on my course, along with a wedge and a few balls. I'm not going to do it because I don't want to break the law, but the temptation is definitely there.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
in the first lockdown back in March last year, the Kings sent out a lot of emails reminding guys the course was closed as people where spotted playing, turned out a few that got caught were not members. Also every time i cycled past their practice ground there was always someone on there hitting balls and a few of them were def members. The club threatened all of them with the Police

Hogieefc

Club Champion
Visit site
I asked 3 people to leave our golf course a few weeks ago and apart from getting called a jobsworth they did leave eventually, the way i look at it is i am paying close to a thousand pounds a year and i can`t go out so why should people bunk on for nothing.
It appears that the same 3 people have been playing every Sat/Sun as they know the greenkeepers aren`t there, they have been asked to move on on a number of occasions.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I have thought about posting this for about 3 weeks. I drive past my club on a daily basis for work (my father also drives past it multiple times a day)

Everyday we constantly see people out on the course playing (the course is closed)however it’s on public ground and you could walk the course freely, as a public path links to it, only positing today as I was stuck at traffic lights, I saw around 8 blokes standing on the tee waiting to tee off.

Anybody else noticed anything similar? (I do wonder how the still working green keepers don’t seem to ever notice this)

I have contemplated emailing someone to raise the issue. But don’t want to be that guy, but then again, maybe people like this are the reason we are in lockdown in the first place for not following the guidelines.

If this was you, what would you do?

YOU HAVE TO ASK???????? Tell the police EVERY DAY until it is stopped!!!!!!! Bluddy Hell fire. Do it NOW !