Pencil bags

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
As it’s starting to get slightly lighter at nights it’s got me thinking about those 9 hole outings after work in the summer.

Does anyone have any pencil bag recommendations?

Don’t want to pay loads but want it to be decent

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Titleist one I bought for 20 quid off a chap on this forum. Might as well ask and see if anyone has a spare one if you don't want to spend too much.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
As it’s starting to get slightly lighter at nights it’s got me thinking about those 9 hole outings after work in the summer.

I got this brand new on E-bay for £45.
Clincher was that it has double shoulder strap.
Would definitely recommend and personally love the look of it.
I have 13 clubs in and it would take 14 no problem, but sweet spot is undoubtedly 9 or 10 clubs.
Probably room to squeeze in a thin layer, like an underarmour type top or windcheater and a water bottle.

Sunday Bag.JPG

D

Deleted member 23270

I use a Titleist one most of the time. 14 clubs and room for a jacket in the pocket.

Perfect.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I got this brand new on E-bay for £45.
Clincher was that it has double shoulder strap.
Would definitely recommend and personally love the look of it.
I have 13 clubs in and it would take 14 no problem, but sweet spot is undoubtedly 9 or 10 clubs.
Probably room to squeeze in a thin layer, like an underarmour type top or windcheater and a water bottle.

View attachment 29177

I’ve seen this one and liked the look of it, so thanks for the review

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another big thumbs up for the Titleist ones. Double strap, solid base and couple of good pockets

stevench

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had a couple of pencil bags in the past but I don't really see their benefit anymore with some of the new super light stand bags.
I guess it boils down to price but I recently picked up a TM flextech lite for the purpose of a quick 9 holes/driving range etc and it seems perfect.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a couple of pencil bags in the past but I don't really see their benefit anymore with some of the new super light stand bags.
I guess it boils down to price but I recently picked up a TM flextech lite for the purpose of a quick 9 holes/driving range etc and it seems perfect.
They're a bit narrower, so perfect for taking down a small driving range, or fitting in the boot of your car if you already have a lot of junk in there, or if you're me, getting the bus down to your local nine holer you'll want the slimmest bag possible. :p

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I got a Masters one from amazon for about a tenner. Can’t find it now but there is a longridge one for £16.

The pockets are too tight to the bag and the legs are rubbish so it keeps falling over but I certainly don’t regret the purchase as for 1/3 of the cost of a decent bag it’s served me well. I tolerate it’s faults for the price I paid.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
https://louisvillegolf.com/collections/bags/products/1922-courier-pencil-bag

Got one of these to play my favorite par 3 course which I could actually play and enjoy walking as if I were some crusty Brit too cheap to rent a cart.
It's really quite handsome, but they sold off the little golf course for expensive house lots and I'm seriously pissed off about it.

Probably closed down due to a lack of demand, as all your compatriots were too obese and lazy to play on a course where they couldn't ride a buggy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Most of us crusty Brits choose to walk as its the healthiest and most enjoyable way to enjoy a course!!

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’ve seen a few now with mini stand/legs. Could be very handy to keep bag slightly off ground on a damp day or if using early morning in dew

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i like the single strap versions, i have a couple of the Mizino ones has 3 pockets and can get a half set no issues, great for a few holes in the evening

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site

I've got a ping moonlite. Really good value for money, plenty of room and lightweight. I like that it has a strap feature which can be one or two straps. Also benefits from a waterproof bottom to keep your grips dry should you get caught in a shower.