Penalty Score

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got this against one of my scores on the EG app. Does anyone know what it means? Also, some open comps are asking for competition scores to be on HC. How would they know ?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Competition scores are identifiable by handicap administrators, as they have a 'C' next to them on the DotGolf view.

Penalty scores are usually applied if a General Play card has been started, but not submitted and attested in the required time frame (usually 3 days). It then turns into a penalty score...but I believe a handicap administrator can 'choose' what kind of penalty score to apply.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You will know by the date what round it refers to

If it was a comp it is a failure to return you card/score
If it was a GP round failure to submit the scores.
Not sure about this one but did you simply record a NR for every hole rather than entering a score for holes played, NR for holes started but finished or a NS for holes not started.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There is no penalty score for a player failing or being late in attesting another's score.
Indeed I wasn’t penalised for failing to attest a score of another…but he was…and our handicap system (IG) administrator was unable to remove the penalty…well he was unable to do so a couple of years ago when it happened.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Indeed I wasn’t penalised for failing to attest a score of another…but he was…and our handicap system (IG) administrator was unable to remove the penalty…well he was unable to do so a couple of years ago when it happened.

Since the inception of WHS, administrators have been able to remove penalty scores. Perhaps your administrator felt that removal would not be justifiable.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Since the inception of WHS, administrators have been able to remove penalty scores. Perhaps your administrator felt that removal would not be justifiable.
I don’t know…I think he could remove the flag that had been set but not the penalty to the HI that had been applied. Either he didn’t know how to do it, or knew how but didn’t want to set any precedent.