Paypal users Please Read and Beware

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I received an email today telling me my account was suspended and the email asked me to log in using a link in the email. I noticed that the email address that it had come from was spelt with an I not an L. Service@paypaI.co.uk not the real address. But the I does look like an L so could easily be mistaken at a quick glimpse.

If you think you have a suspicious email from someone pretending to be paypal, just check out this link!

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/email-security

I know alot of you guys, like me, use ebay so thought you may benefit from this knowledge!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
These scams have been doing the rounds for a while, ive resorted to reporting them to paypal and filling some of them in with rediculous names.

geronimo

Head Pro
Visit site
it does not just go for paypal, any email that asks you to log in from the email are scam emails.

NO and i mean NO company will send a email like this, they will send a email asking you to log in via there web site NOT via an email link.

if you get a email saying this or that, open your web browser and go to the site via your favourites list the way you would normally go to a site and log in that way.
this way you know you are on the correct site.

I have filled them in on occasion with user name-doyouthink im password-f'nstupid, just to try and give them false hope they have hit a numpty.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sent pay pal the email, they were very greatfull for it. Thought it was dodgy when i saw the name then asked me to follow their own link. I just logged into my pay pal through my fave (as mentioned above( and i thought if there were any problems, it would be highlighted here. As it turns out, all were fine!

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
PayPal are very good at taking care of their users. I had a phone call from them after making two purchases in USA. They were just checking it was me.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers TonyN.

On a similar topic, I have been getting loads of text messages claiming to be from my bank asking me to call back to a premium rate. I am not amused.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I keep getting phone calls from an 020 number, they say there from 'tele communications calling 'regarding my T-Mobile contract' offering me an upgrade. When i challenge them asking if they work directly for T-mobile they try baffle me or hang up straight away.

I did some reseach on the number and it turns out they are a dodgy company who set up a new contract and tell you they have cancelled your old one. They have no legal right to do it and basically just squeeze loadsa money out of you for months and t-mobile will not cancel.