Parking places running out.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Because the manufacturers make large cars. If you want a small car, they don't exist. Have you seen the size of a Nissan "Micra" these days?

And the reason all cars are so big is because of crash testing requirements. You need massive crumple zones to get decent ratings, and they take up lots of space.

Also legal requirements for what kids have to have take up a lot of room

Car seats until 12 (or 125cm)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We used to have a 60s built property with a garages in a block.. none of them had cars as new cars would not fit. So despite the garages, all cars were parked on the road

I live in a mid 70s built house, same problem. I drove my car in to the garage the day after moving in, tried to get out of the car and drove the car back out of the garage. Nobody in the close parks their car in their garage unless they widened it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I live in a mid 70s built house, same problem. I drove my car in to the garage the day after moving in, tried to get out of the car and drove the car back out of the garage. Nobody in the close parks their car in their garage unless they widened it.
Back in the 80s an "executive " successfully sued a housebuilder who described the house as an "executive " house because he couldn't get his "executive " BMW in the garage.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
To fit golf clubs and trolleys in them :ROFLMAO: Should be obvious on a forum like thins
More like you have to be seen wiith a large vehicle in the club car park.
A small car could exclude you from the tribe and your membership may not be renewed.
It's all about status and not feeling uncomfortable.

D

Deleted member 1147

More like you have to be seen wiith a large vehicle in the club car park.
A small car could exclude you from the tribe and your membership may not be renewed.
It's all about status and not feeling uncomfortable.
I think someone feels left out, and is blaming on having a small car. When the real reason is so obvious to us all :unsure::sleep:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
That's 1 in 10,000.
England has about 2,200 golf clubs.
Europe has under 9,000.
So your sums don't add up.
Owning a larger car than you need means "Don't mess with me."

I know you do yoga, you’ve only told us numerous times, but you aren’t actually meant to put your head up your arse.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How about charging through a parking pass of say £500 per year to allow parking on public roads. Should raise some revenue to improve off road parking and fix the potholes.

Stands braced in flameproof suit.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How about charging through a parking pass of say £500 per year to allow parking on public roads. Should raise some revenue to improve off road parking and fix the potholes.

Love it.. while we are at it, shall we also ask for £500 extra if we want clean air to breathe

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site

Great idea , while we are at it , why not charge cyclists for using public roads ? And we may as well charge pedestrians for using public footpaths while we are at it .
The common word here is public , for us all to use as we see fit and not the preserve of the few who can pay .

Love it.. while we are at it, shall we also ask for £500 extra if we want clean air to breathe

We are having a clean air zone in Sheffield and it will cost some businesses a lot more than that to get deliveries in to an area thats on its knees as it is without this extra burden
that some have said will cost jobs then those affected will have a great deal more to worry about clean air

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Talking of clean air zones, Bristol has just introduced one - at the same time it has drastically cut bus services (for a number of reasons -apparently). It also stretches just far enough out of the city centre to reach the big multi storey by the shopping centre 🤔

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
I know you do yoga, you’ve only told us numerous times, but you aren’t actually meant to put your head up your arse.
I don't do yoga. I do Tai Chi which is far superior.
People that do yoga perform poses called Asanas. That's where their brains are.
Yoga means union. Union with your arse.