Toying with the idea

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Get a free works van like I did! Costs me zilch a month.

The last few months I've been getting the train. Costs me 130 a month. Given the hassle I looked at a wee runaround and works out similar cost wise.

we were a one car family when I handed back the company motor and golf was a royal pain to get to as the Mrs was always out somewhere.

do it man

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
G1BBO's Audi ? wherd you see that ? on Ebay ?

If its a VW Eos .. .... dont ..

Have you thought of a small car van type ..? not sure what the regulations are on commercial v private motor tax & driving at weekends etc is over there ..

T

thecraw

G1BBO's Audi ? wherd you see that ? on Ebay ?

If its a VW Eos .. .... dont ..

Have you thought of a small car van type ..? not sure what the regulations are on commercial v private motor tax & driving at weekends etc is over there ..

Naw, its a 1 series that I've seen. Reliable and get a set of sticks in the boot with the driver out. Going for a test drive later on.

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What engine, spec etc? Have been toying with the idea of a 1 Series or an Audi A1 for a few months now. I don't NEED a new car, but, you know........ ;)

D

deanobillquay

I've just bought a 120d Sport. Bag goes in the boot ok but gotta take the woods out. Excellent motor though.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I took on Sky sports for 4 months as they offered me a half price deal.
Rang up to cancel it yesterday and realised that I had only used it once [to watch the second half of the Edinburgh derby] in the last 8 days.

No brainer to me.

T

thecraw

I've just bought a 120d Sport. Bag goes in the boot ok but gotta take the woods out. Excellent motor though.

Cheers, Scott1505 on here also assures me that the clubs fit minus the woods. I also have no issues in folding down the back seat(s)if required. Its not exactly a motor for four of you to go golfing in anyway. Still teasing myself. Not signed any paperwork or order forms yet.

T

thecraw

I took on Sky sports for 4 months as they offered me a half price deal.
Rang up to cancel it yesterday and realised that I had only used it once [to watch the second half of the Edinburgh derby] in the last 8 days.

No brainer to me.

Its only £20 a month. I thought it was more expensive than that. I can save that elsewhere comfortably. I'm going to do an economy drive with my DD's and general outgoings over the next couple of days. That said I think I'll phone Sky and see what deals if any I can get to reduce my Sky bills/package.

C.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a 120d, considering changing it for something cheaper, I just spent £400 on 2 tyres today :eek:

Needs front brake pads too another £300 bill

Love the car but daft running costs for something that does 4k a year at most

T

thecraw

I have a 120d, considering changing it for something cheaper, I just spent £400 on 2 tyres today :eek:

Needs front brake pads too another £300 bill

Love the car but daft running costs for something that does 4k a year at most

I assume that's stealership prices! You can get new pads online for less than £20. Any independent garage will fit them for an hours labour.