Parcelforce Rant

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ordered so wet weather gloves last Wednesday (5th) from Direct Golf via eBay, got an email from DG saying the gloves will be delivered tomorrow, no problem the boss is at home all day, great! Next day I get a text from swmbo saying they'd tried to deliver but no-one answered, the sofa upon which my girlfriend was eating her breakfast is approx 15ft from the front door and she never heard anything! "No worries I'll just pick them up in the morning on my way to the golf course" oh no Post Office closed, "OK I'll arrange redelivery" - arranged for Wednesday (12th) CONFIRMED - Wednesday comes and no sign of the package. Back online I go they still have the option for delivery on Thursday selected and confirmed, left the shed door open so that even if there was no-one home they could pop them in there and close the door - got home last night door still open, ok maybe the girlfriend had been able to answer the door or maybe, just maybe, this delivery person had discovered that a package containing 2 gloves, being what 25mmx15mmx5mm, would fit through the letterbox - of course not! Back on the internet redelivery selected for Monday now give them a couple of days knobbing around time.

Not happy that this would be enough confirmation I rang Parcelforce this morning to see if they'd got my request for redelivery, which of course they hadn't, "Don't worry Mr Cooke I'll get that arranged for Monday for you" so happy that I'd spoken to a person I returned to my desk. An hour goes by and, the phone rings it's Parcelforce
"Hello"
"Hello Mr Cooke, It's so'n'so from Parcelforce"
"Hi"
"I've got a request here for a redelivery on Monday"
"yes"
"You do know that your package is at your local Post Office for collection"
"I do but that Post Office is only open at the most inconvenient times and I can't physically get there to collect it"
"Well we don't normally offer a redelivery service"
"Your website seems to think you do!"
"OK, it will take 3-5working days to arrange uplift but I'll get the redelivery arranged for you"
"If you could that would be great"

What a useless bunch of clowns, I said all this to one of the girls at work who responded with "We don't use them anymore because they were so useless" (may have paraphrased).

I can't see DG requesting a £12 glove to be signed for so why didn't the delivery person just post it through the letterbox rather than trying to use 'the force' to try and get a response from inside the house?

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Royal mail / parcel force are a nightmare to deal with!! Maybe drop DG a little note of the issues & tell them how RM/PF poor service reflects badly on DG. If "one" will get this hassle all the time, some people may choose other companies to buy from.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Royal mail / parcel force are a nightmare to deal with!! Maybe drop DG a little note of the issues & tell them how RM/PF poor service reflects badly on DG. If "one" will get this hassle all the time, some people may choose other companies to buy from.

Never had a problem with Royal Mail (except when my postie was nicking mail many years ago when I lived down south) - I get a fair bit of stuff delivered - If I'm not in they take it to the depot and I pick it up next morning - depot is open at 7.30 so I just time my run to work to get there just after that.