Paralympics 2024

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve tried watching some of the Paralympics in the past,but I can’t get into it.
I like the Olympics as it’s the fastest,strongest…. Etc.

I think for me it's that I don't really know of many of the athletes - with a few notable exceptions. Also, as above the Ch 4 coverage which doesn't engage me.

But it is about the fastest, strongest etc. They are professional athletes (Team GB anyhow) and work as hard as the Olympians. I get though that the categories detracts somewhat from that and more than one category per race. I also find some of the controversy as to what category an athlete should be assigned unsavoury...

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
What about Diamond League, Worlds and Olympic track and field? I get the impression from my US based sister that they're not so well covered on TV either?
Find that the US viewers when it comes to sport are very insular- they appear to love sports where they declare themselves World Champions ( despite them being the only ones in it ) but take little notice of sports involving other nations

They loved track when Johnson was smashing all comers etc and will support their own etc

The recent Olympics I believe was the lowest viewing figures for decades in the US with the biggest audience watching the Basketball

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I think for me it's that I don't really know of many of the athletes - with a few notable exceptions. Also, as above the Ch 4 coverage which doesn't engage me.

But it is about the fastest, strongest etc. They are professional athletes (Team GB anyhow) and work as hard as the Olympians. I get though that the categories detracts somewhat from that and more than one category per race. I also find some of the controversy as to what category an athlete should be assigned unsavoury...

Unfortunately the coverage on CH4 isn’t great or very engaging - cH4 used to be very good which is a shame

Pin-seeker

Visit site

How can people with different disabilities go up against each other?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately the coverage on CH4 isn’t great or very engaging - cH4 used to be very good which is a shame

Yeah they used to have The Last Leg guys quite a bit but not sure they are this event? Also in their attemot to be uber inclusive they have Billy Monger (lovely guy but not a great presenter) and also (lovely girl etc) Ellie Simmonds. I can't get past her persona on Celeb Gogglebox and too giggly by far. This is also very un PC but Dame Tanni Grey Thompson and her constant beating the drum for equality has started to really get on my nerves...

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yeah they used to have The Last Leg guys quite a bit but not sure they are this event? Also in their attemot to be uber inclusive they have Billy Monger (lovely guy but not a great presenter) and also (lovely girl etc) Ellie Simmonds. I can't get past her persona on Celeb Gogglebox and too giggly by far. This is also very un PC but Dame Tanni Grey Thompson and her constant beating the drum for equality has started to really get on my nerves...
Think the Last leg guys are there, I saw a live program the other day. Not sure if it was a one off though.

Was disappointed with DTGT, she was non-committal about the trans athlete, unlike her Co-pundit who said she acknowledged “their” struggle to get there but she would have not been happy competing against them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A great US world record by Jayden Blackwell in the 400m and loved his celebrations apart from the missed handshake on the podium. Absolutely romped it but very little US media coverage despite also getting another golf already