Par 5s, Start and Finish

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'd love a par 5 to start. We start with a 230ish par 3, with OB left and bushes and trees right. Followed by SI 1 par 4. Its a brute of a start, bogey bogey you'd take off the tee!
We do finish with a par 5 though and it's a great opportunity to end on a high.

BiMs course is a good start though!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My course starts with a tricky medium length par 3, I'd rather start the round on a par 5 any day. Slapping a driver or 5 wood down a fairway for the first shot of the day would be lovely. Whereas we have to hit a long iron / hybrid to a two tier green surrounded by 5 bunkers.

Our 10th is the only par 5 on the course, and one time I had the opportunity to play the nines the other way round, starting on the 10th. I much preferred it! Shot one of my best rounds.

Our 18th is a tricky par 4 with a ditch going across, unless you can carry the ball well over 200 (I can't) then it's a lay-up and 160-170 to the green. So I'd take a par 5 over that as well really.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Slightly different question, but are there any courses that start or end with the SI1 hole?

Its unusual as SI guidelines say not to make any of holes 1,2,17 and 18 any of the SI 1,2,17 or 18 (any of the 4).

However, I do know of one - Huyton and Prescot in Liverpool's 1st is SI 1, although when playing matchplay if extra holes are required, it reverts to SI 7.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
We start with a 420ish par 4 with trouble everywhere for drives - would like a par 5 start.

Our 17th plays the hardest hole most weeks, advised they can't make it SI1

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Royal County Down starts and finishes with par-5s. Neither are among the most difficult holes on the course, but being RCD you can always find trouble on them. They run in opposite directions so unless the wind has shifted while you are out, one will be into the wind. If the wind has shifted, both may be.