Par 3 Openers

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Galveston in Devon starts with a long par 3. This hole sits on its own piece of land between two roads so it is OOB on both sides.

Not a bad course except for the electric fences protecting the greens, and the animal manure that litters the fairways.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club I used to play at down in Surrey - Horton Park starts with a par 3. Fairly dull hole though, from memory it's a 9 or a wedge to a fairly friendly green. No real danger other than way left. Very much eases you into the round.

D

Deleted member 1147

I once had the misfortune of staying and playing at the Windmill Hotel & Golf Village near Solihull. It started with 3 par 3's, all of which were only a wedge from the tee.

D

Deleted member 21258

Belfairs Park in Eastwood starts with a par 3, around 150 yards from memory. Followed by an easy short par 4, then a short sweeping dogleg right par 4. Lovely setting the course is, in the woods.

Ballards Gore in Rochford starts with one of around 140 yards then a short but tight par 4 iirc (only played it once)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Club I used to play at down in Surrey - Horton Park starts with a par 3. Fairly dull hole though, from memory it's a 9 or a wedge to a fairly friendly green. No real danger other than way left. Very much eases you into the round.

Sadly the course doesn't get any better after that opener. Not my favourite. Not quite in the same category as Lydd but that far off

D

Deleted Member 1156

Whinhill in Greenock used to start with a very testing par 3 to a plateau green before they changed the routing of the holes.