P790 lofts

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Absolutely Duncan they are almost the perfect iron! If I could get another 1000 revs of spin I’d say best irons ever made👍🏼

Which ball do you use? I have the P790 irons and I seem to get good amounts of spin with TP5 ball. My cap goes between 5 and 6 so not as good as you but I strike irons well.

I ask about the ball as I noticed a big difference and lack of spin when using a TP5x and Z-Star.

Tiewebbgolf

Visit site
Which ball do you use? I have the P790 irons and I seem to get good amounts of spin with TP5 ball. My cap goes between 5 and 6 so not as good as you but I strike irons well.

I ask about the ball as I noticed a big difference and lack of spin when using a TP5x and Z-Star.
I generally play any premium ball, rightly or wrongly, I do like chrome soft but play pro v, Bridgestone,TM balls anything really!
Have you been on trackman or GC2? My 7i is only spinning in low 5000’s 😬

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My spin with the 7 iron is similar but I'm fairly sure that they fly higher than other irons I've had so they still stop ok

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I generally play any premium ball, rightly or wrongly, I do like chrome soft but play pro v, Bridgestone,TM balls anything really!
Have you been on trackman or GC2? My 7i is only spinning in low 5000’s 😬

I was Fitted for the irons and my spin was slightly down on my last irons. Can’t remember the exact numbers but the higher ball flight with slightly less spin was good for me. We also did a ball fitting which I thought was nonsense but the tp5 provided a lot more spin than other balls we tried. It’s worth a go. I won a box of TP5x and when I used them I noticed a big difference.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I use the p790 and the tp5x ball found no issues with spin and stop and that was even during last year's dry spell. My club do water the greens etc so not sure if that's anything to do with it but even play different courses I'm yet to think I need a better spinning iron.

Tiewebbgolf

Visit site
I use the p790 and the tp5x ball found no issues with spin and stop and that was even during last year's dry spell. My club do water the greens etc so not sure if that's anything to do with it but even play different courses I'm yet to think I need a better spinning iron.
I’ll try that ball next time I play and see how we go. Thanks for input👍🏼

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve got to ask. You’re off 4, so a good golfer but getting fitted somewhere that doesn’t give you spin numbers? You want 6k spin with a 7iron, so 5k is way too low. It’s probably A shaft issue.

These clowns at American Golf

Tiewebbgolf

Visit site
Yeah
I’ve got to ask. You’re off 4, so a good golfer but getting fitted somewhere that doesn’t give you spin numbers? You want 6k spin with a 7iron, so 5k is way too low. It’s probably A shaft issue.

These clowns at American Golf
yeah just the American golf fitting I’m afraid! Should have went somewhere decent for fitting with trackman or similar
Lesson learned

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah

yeah just the American golf fitting I’m afraid! Should have went somewhere decent for fitting with trackman or similar
Lesson learned
In all seriousness mate. Golf clubs are a serious investment, maybe go for a fitting retrospectively? Not sure where you are based but you might be in the wrong shaft completely, replacing shafts doesn’t have to be too expensive especially as your current ones will hold some value second hand (if looked after and pulled correctly).