P790 and i500!!??

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I had a fitting 2 weeks ago, at AG, the i500s were simply fantastic. We tried many different shaft combinations to get the right launch angle and spin rate and found the perfect one for me, the AWT 105g I think...
No issues with stopping, my fitter really wanted to get the right shaft for me.

Incidentally, I tried the 919 forged but they didn't feel as good.

One club which I loved before going in was the D7 forged but the distance was very inconsistent so they were a no go.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I found all the hollow foam filled type irons great to hit. I had the AP3's for a while. My issue was some of the crazy distances and 'fliers'. Ended up swapping for a forged set.... Best thing to do is maybe take a demo iron on the course and not get stuck with trackman/flighscope distances....
This is what I find with my ap3s I get these big fliers now and Again also too hot around the green ,what forged set did you change too?

Last edited:

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What about Callaway Apex CF19, lovely looking iron ?
Regards AG hard sell approach, tell them that you are spending big money and will not rush in wanting to make sure you get the right set.
If the guy gets shirty, then deal with someone else. You're the buyer so you're in the strong position.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Everything seems to be about distance,distance,distance these days when buying clubs. So many you tubers saying how nice the p790 and i500 feel but if there like rockets and inconsistent with yardages between clubs they seem pointless. Another club I never tried but on my list is Mizuno JpX 919 forged. Problem is now going in to try clubs as AG only place really I can try them on a range and hit properly but get hassled to buy through them. Would love paying for a session of no hassle just trying clubs and getting figure with no hard sell at the end!

I play P790 and they do go pretty long (for me a pensioner) but I absolutely dont find them inconsistent, at least no more inconsistent than any other clubs I've had