Our 9 hole course yesterday

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Presumably not the first time it has done this - does it recover well when the waters recede?
Yes, it happens often but only occasionally this high. The environment agency have the right to treat it as a flood relief area.

Our new managers are much more 'cautious' than the previous ones and it has been out of play until last week.

With the previous managers we have been back playing on it in a few days, just walking round the bigger puddles.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I p
Yes, it happens often but only occasionally this high. The environment agency have the right to treat it as a flood relief area.

Our new managers are much more 'cautious' than the previous ones and it has been out of play until last week.

With the previous managers we have been back playing on it in a few days, just walking round the bigger puddles.
i played at my own course on Friday with a member from your club. He said it’s the highest he has ever seen it. How far up the 16th/17th on the main course does it flood?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i played at my own course on Friday with a member from your club. He said it’s the highest he has ever seen it. How far up the 16th/17th on the main course does it flood?

I have seen it higher, only the actual flag visible on the first green. That same day on the 16th it was over the top of the old short temp tee for the 17th. It is why the tee is now next to the short 16th green.