Orlando (Florida) courses/ranges advice needed

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

know a few of you have been to Orlando area to play...

any courses you have visited with really nice practice ranges? Pretty setting, decent balls, well presented teeing area, targets etc etc

our usual venue (Tranquillo - formerly Osprey Ridge) can't host us for filming during PGA Show week so looking for alternatives

any advice/thoughts much appreciated

cheers
Mike

D

Deleted member 15344

One of the guys I play golf with went to Orlando golfing - he loved two places out there - The Ritz Carlton and South Dunes I think it was ? They also played a Disney course but was a bit expensive compared to the rest. He did prefer to go to Jacksonville?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bay Hill is very good. Orange County, champions Gate, falcons Fire all good courses and have good practice areas. One I played and I think it was celebration has a water range and 2-3 islands to aim at for short irons.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How about champions gate they have two courses (international and national) and are also the home of the David Ledbetter academy .

the practice range is just as good as tranquilo and use Calloway balls

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair they all have good practice areas .
Celebration does have a lake with islands targets.
Mission inn el campion course is class.
Orange county National has the best practice facility I have ever seen.
little farther away LPGA HILLS COURSE. Best course I have played ever.
Redtail golf club in Sorrento is excellent.
just got home last week if you need any more
Southern Dunes
Eaglebrook

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
thanks all
have been to (and filmed at) a few of the courses mentioned but some good new suggestions there too
much appreciated

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Grand Cypress and Orange County National are 2 of the best ranges at courses ive been to over there but I’m sure you’ve been to both.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Grand Cypress and Orange County National are 2 of the best ranges at courses I've been to over there but I’m sure you’ve been to both.

for OCN are you talking about the big 360 degree range? That's used for the big demo day when all the brands set up around it so wont be able to use that but if there's another one might be ideal. Only ever seen the 360 degree one

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
for OCN are you talking about the big 360 degree range? That's used for the big demo day when all the brands set up around it so wont be able to use that but if there's another one might be ideal. Only ever seen the 360 degree one

Yes Mike, that was the one I was thinking of. I didn’t read your OP properly so yes, that will be out of action.

Have you been to Grand Cypress? The Golf Channel use the range and academy for lots of demos and ad’s. It may be unavailable too given what’s on out there at the same time I suppose.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Yes Mike, that was the one I was thinking of. I didn’t read your OP properly so yes, that will be out of action.

Have you been to Grand Cypress? The Golf Channel use the range and academy for lots of demos and ad’s. It may be unavailable too given what’s on out there at the same time I suppose.

have been to GC but only for a product presentation, didn't hit balls/play. sounds good though. Will drop them a line. Thanks Val