Orka Golf

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone know much about these guys ? Their website looks great but no info on prices or nearest fitters etc . Do you have to go to their HQ if you want to see the hardware ???? Is it a PXG, Miura type of operation where if you need to know the price then you're not the kind of customer they want ??? Curious as the gear looks lovely. Any feedback would be appreciated.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
happy to put your mind at ease
Plenty on the forum use Orka, Their main man Alex Comben is a very decent bloke and always gives very good value for money.
They have stockists and fitters all over the place, so there is bound to be one nearish to you.

Pricewise, they do not advertise, but you will be pleasantly surprised.

The only downside with them is resale value is low, but if you are buying with a long term view, then its not really a problem

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know a lot about these guys :) have become good friends with Alex who one of the directors as are a few others on here

They have a network of club builders across the country so you shouldnt need to go to their HQ (albeit the service you get if you do is excellent!!!)

Ive been using a RS1/RS3 combo set of irons for several years and love them to bits, also had some R18 wedges which I recently replaced with the RS10 version, and again wouldnt change for anything else.

Theyve recently bought out several new ranges too, the reflex irons and new Driver/woods too

Pricewise theyre similar to what the OEMs charge for their new ranges rather than PXG/Miura prices

If you want more info or to find a fitter send Alex a message (twitter via @AlexOrkaGolf the easiest option)

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
It looks like they supply to club fitters only. There's one in Woking that has them, I don't think they have any trial sets but could be wrong.

A 2015 Todays Golfer review had the steel cavity backs at £120 per club, so imagine the poster boy forged irons once fitted with good shafts would be looking at £1000 for a set of irons. That is only an educated guess though, I have no definite prices. You could always contact the guys at Woking (precision golf) and ask, or any of the other stockists

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
they're as good as it gets. People knock them because they dont know them. Forged in the same forging houses as all the other Japanese brands that people get erections over, just available at a cheaper price.

Rowly, i was going to suggest looking at their RS10 irons as they are incredible but i am always careful in trying to promote the brand too much, as Alex is one of my best mates.

I get my new RS10's next week, and have been using the RS3/RS1 combo for the past 2 years, and the SC Tours before then.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know a lot about these guys :) have become good friends with Alex who one of the directors as are a few others on here

They have a network of club builders across the country so you shouldnt need to go to their HQ (albeit the service you get if you do is excellent!!!)

Ive been using a RS1/RS3 combo set of irons for several years and love them to bits, also had some R18 wedges which I recently replaced with the RS10 version, and again wouldnt change for anything else.

Theyve recently bought out several new ranges too, the reflex irons and new Driver/woods too

Pricewise theyre similar to what the OEMs charge for their new ranges rather than PXG/Miura prices

If you want more info or to find a fitter send Alex a message (twitter via @AlexOrkaGolf the easiest option)

That reflex iron is a joke. standard loft irons that go miles

that 198yd carry Alex was talking about on social media last night ..... any guesses who that was? ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That reflex iron is a joke. standard loft irons that go miles

that 198yd carry Alex was talking about on social media last night ..... any guesses who that was? ;)

Didnt need to ask who it was Sam lol

Saw some of the prototypes several months back when I was at Alex's, I'll get a hit of them all once Im back up running !

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks Mendie.

I am on the look out for some new irons, so will definitely have a look at them. I cam across custom built clubs only this year, and after thinking the OEM range was big by mind has been blown by all the different manufacturers of forged heads and all the different shafts. It is the way to go, but how to pick which ones to go for is a tough decision

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Didnt need to ask who it was Sam lol

Saw some of the prototypes several months back when I was at Alex's, I'll get a hit of them all once Im back up running !

He wont let me get the 18 degree Driving Irons as my new 2iron as it will go too far and make my 3 wood redundant HAHA!

So i'm getting a 16 degree one, and taking the 3 wood out! OOOSH!

How you finding the wedges? i'm sticking with the j29 rather than RS10.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He wont let me get the 18 degree Driving Irons as my new 2iron as it will go too far and make my 3 wood redundant HAHA!

So i'm getting a 16 degree one, and taking the 3 wood out! OOOSH!

How you finding the wedges? i'm sticking with the j29 rather than RS10.

Love the RS10 wedges so soft and spin a decent amount :) Looking forward to trying the driving iron, looks a beast!

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just had a look at their website, my goodness the RS1s are gorgeous, one for the purists but they look amazing. Never heard of them before but will seriously have a look into them now

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
they're as good as it gets. People knock them because they dont know them. Forged in the same forging houses as all the other Japanese brands that people get erections over, just available at a cheaper price.

Rowly, i was going to suggest looking at their RS10 irons as they are incredible but i am always careful in trying to promote the brand too much, as Alex is one of my best mates.

I get my new RS10's next week, and have been using the RS3/RS1 combo for the past 2 years, and the SC Tours before then.

Are you getting the RS10 CB or MB? They look gorgeous. Ive just bought wedges to match the lofts of my irons so i cant go buying more irons with different lofts now :(:(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just had a look at their website, my goodness the RS1s are gorgeous, one for the purists but they look amazing. Never heard of them before but will seriously have a look into them now

Had them in the bag from 7 iron down for several years, things of beauty and nowhere near as hard to hit as people seem to expect

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do Orka make a specific driving iron model Sam?

Yes mate its about to come out, its the reflex head (theres plenty of photos on twitter from Alex) and says DI on it. i think its 18 degree standard.

You'll never get rid of that 2iron though with 15kgs of lead tape on it ;)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you getting the RS10 CB or MB? They look gorgeous. Ive just bought wedges to match the lofts of my irons so i cant go buying more irons with different lofts now :(:(

I'm going MB right through the bag with the exception of the 2iron (3iron head that i have bent to a 2iron).

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

with me due my new irons, you'd be welcome to borrow one of the RS1s for a while (maybe 8iron) to see what you think?

Theyre very forgiving for a blade, and so soft.