Organssing the garage.. thoughts.

V

vkurup

My garage is a bit of mare. It got tons of stuff with most of it piled on the floor. It is a double garage (approx 5m wide x 7m deep), but it simply means that there are 2 of everything. We currently dont park inside, but may do so at some point. Beyond my stuff, the previous owner also left us some power tools like vaccum, chainsaw etc. I now want to organise the storage around the garage so that I can put the golf sim/hitting bays into it. besides the golf bay, I am expecting it to still have storage shelves and occasionally the car. It is not insulated but does have electricity.

How clean is your garage.. and how do u organise things in it?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My garage is a bit of mare. It got tons of stuff with most of it piled on the floor. It is a double garage (approx 5m wide x 7m deep), but it simply means that there are 2 of everything. We currently dont park inside, but may do so at some point. Beyond my stuff, the previous owner also left us some power tools like vaccum, chainsaw etc. I now want to organise the storage around the garage so that I can put the golf sim/hitting bays into it. besides the golf bay, I am expecting it to still have storage shelves and occasionally the car. It is not insulated but does have electricity.

How clean is your garage.. and how do u organise things in it?

It's not clean and it's very disorganised. Also being built in the early 1970s it's fine for a Hillman Imp, Mini or MG Midget and that's about it.

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I don't have one. Buy my 6x4 shed is a state! I had it all sorted then HID decided to be "helpful" at the start of the year by putting all the xmas stuff away....badly.

I haven't had the time (or energy) to pull it all out & start again.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Garage wise its a 60's construction that you could get a 60's car in, but is full of garden furniture at present. but we do have some other out building one for Garden tools/ lawn mowers etc and a Cider shed in the Orchard thats full of empty demo johns, plastic bins and bottles.

all of them overrun with Mice.

V

vkurup

It's not clean and it's very disorganised. Also being built in the early 1970s it's fine for a Hillman Imp, Mini or MG Midget and that's about it.

My previous garage would barely fit a mini.. that is if you could get it to align with the garage door and the block of garage on the opposite side. It was too big to be called a bike shed but snug enough to fit a mini or maybe a morgan

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Until 3 weeks ago, not good, inc. a leaky roof. Cue new roof and a number of tip runs to get rid of a mountain of rubbish. And now, the star of the show is a huge beer fridge (I mean HUGE) and an executive chair. Just need to sort some heating out and it'll be a real man-cave.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine went from this:

IMG_2694.jpg

To this:

IMG_3025.jpg

Now have a 32" LCD TV, my lads xbox, coffee machine. The back half of the garage is slightly messy still, but getting there! Struggling with bikes,,,

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm in the process of forcing me to sort it out - just had power put in and we've ordered a freezer and tumble drier to go in. So got to get it sorted. God knows what I'm going to do with the stuff that I'm having to move out of it - maybe I'll just get shot of it. Going to get a garden bike storage shed to put at the bottom of the garden - so that'll sort the bike problem.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Luckily I have a large centrally heated garage with inspection pit, power, water and compressed air. Ideal for my other passion.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is always one that has to show off!!! clive, I am looking at you!! Through my green tinted glasses!!!

and Richart, I tried to sell them, no takers.

V

vkurup

Luckily I have a large centrally heated garage with inspection pit, power, water and compressed air. Ideal for my other passion.

Woooh.. want to trade? I might thrown in a 5 year golf nut along with everything else in the garage :)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The original garage, well you could get a car in it but when it came to getting out of the car the only way was to take the car out of the garage. Hey presto. I then had a second garage built onto original making me 2xsingles into a double and knocked an adjoining door through to both. Which through no great planning allows me to open said car door when garage internal door is open.

original garage = cars, and second garage = brick built shed. I cleansed it last year and one of my projects when retired next month is to cleanse again as it has "acquired" a multitude of items what with the pit closing down.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we have a single garage which i tidied up the other day, still struggle for space.

We have washer, drier, chest freezer, table football, double rabbit hutch, spare table and chairs, lawn mower, golf stuff, 4 bikes, 2 shelving units for odds and sods.

I need a shed so I can put the garden stuff somewhere and get my tools out of the house.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a single garage and HID has got me under strict instructions not to clutter it with crap. It's fine for her to fill it with all her gardening crap and I am allowed my golf trolly in there but her OCD has kicked in

V

vkurup

Was googling various Garage storage shelving and came across this one..

http://www.garagetek.co.uk/

The before & after pics are worth looking... Never thought anyone would be in the business of garage restorations!!