Garage storage ideas or pictures

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My garage is currently a bit of a dumping ground but equally a blank canvas. We no longer have toys and bikes in there and now is the time to organise it a bit. I'm not looking for OCD levels of tidiness or cupboard space but I'm looking for storage ideas for my golf gear, bags, trolley, shoes, waterproofs, balls etc.

Anyone got some neat suggestions, pictures etc. I can't/don't intend to claim the entire garage for my stuff but I do want to tidy things up and make a neater job of things.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
IMG-20210516-WA0007_copy_1024x576.jpg

Just done this

Got those units off eBay

About £70-80 a unit second hand office small cupboards

Aluminium so won't rust , keeps things dry

Got my tools locked away now

And ofc there is the golf cupboard

20210514_145745_copy_1024x1365.jpg

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
My garage is currently a bit of a dumping ground but equally a blank canvas. We no longer have toys and bikes in there and now is the time to organise it a bit. I'm not looking for OCD levels of tidiness or cupboard space but I'm looking for storage ideas for my golf gear, bags, trolley, shoes, waterproofs, balls etc.

Anyone got some neat suggestions, pictures etc. I can't/don't intend to claim the entire garage for my stuff but I do want to tidy things up and make a neater job of things.

Far too important to live in the garage, it gets house room. :) (y)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got two shelf units from Screwfix .
Plastic so no rust probs.
Once together they are great I left a gap between them to fit my bag in the middle.
£50

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I built a lockable cupboard in the garage for my trolley and have the charger in there with a wee shelf for the battery to sit on and charge.

But I wouldn't leave my clubs in an unheated garage (maybe ok in Summer). Cold weather will do your grips no favours and rises in temperature from freezing will leave you with condensation on the shafts (obviously no issue if your irons have graphite shafts) that will result in pitting if not seen to in jig-time.

Clubs live indoors, trolley and the like ok for the garage.

(also watch out for your shoes, my mate kept his in the garage over winter last year and when he went to get them they'd gone mouldy with the condensation :sick:)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I built a lockable cupboard in the garage for my trolley and have the charger in there with a wee shelf for the battery to sit on and charge.

But I wouldn't leave my clubs in an unheated garage (maybe ok in Summer). Cold weather will do your grips no favours and rises in temperature from freezing will leave you with condensation on the shafts (obviously no issue if your irons have graphite shafts) that will result in pitting if not seen to in jig-time.

Clubs live indoors, trolley and the like ok for the garage.

(also watch out for your shoes, my mate kept his in the garage over winter last year and when he went to get them they'd gone mouldy with the condensation :sick:)
It's a fair warning but my gear has always been stored in the garage and so far there have been no issues. If gear is wet I will leave it overnight in the house to dry out and then put it back in the garage. Your mate has got issues if he has mould growing :oops:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a fair warning but my gear has always been stored in the garage and so far there have been no issues. If gear is wet I will leave it overnight in the house to dry out and then put it back in the garage. Your mate has got issues if he has mould growing :oops:

Maybe you don't get temp changes like we do. I used to just leave my clubs in the car and when we get frosts, we get them and my grips were going hard and cracking way sooner than I'd have expected.

The issue isn't in putting gear away wet, it's the fact that (especially in early Spring) when the temp goes from -2 overnight to 5 or 6 above over the course of the morning condensation will form in an unheated space. The amount will depend on the temp change of course.

My mate has lots of issues, mould is the least!