Opinions on my swing

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep Tiger is hitting a Driver. However it does give an idea of impact position. Mozza has pretty much said what I did. Start of a Chicken wing, Lydens head appears to be ahead of the ball at impact. Along with the comment that the swing is slightly flat they are the biggest problems I can see

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Had a lesson today mentioned a few of your points he had me working on creating lag and a better impact position & finishing position. I'll upload a new vid when I have put some time into the drills. No I average about 265 carry don't get any roll at the moment, I can get it to 280 but I have to use my arms to generate extra speed which causes a whole host of problems. I am aware people over exaggerate their distances but then I wouldn't say I can only hit a 7 iron 150, the only way I can explain it is I'm 28 and have been the gym 4 times a week for 11 years. Played 14 holes after my lesson at 5 over with some diabolical putting, I know my short game needs work but I wanted a good foundation first not O.Bing 4 balls a round :|

Five&One

Head Pro
Visit site
Are you hitting it consistently straight at an average 265 carry ? And your hitting a 7 iron 150 and a 4 iron 170 ? If you are hitting those consistently straight at that length and you feel you aren't scoring well enough, then I would suggest the problem is somewhere in your short game. Golfers with a powerful action like you sometimes have an Achilles heel from 50 yards out where the power isn't nearly so significant and some of the characteristics of the swing are different.

Just guessing really.

Let me hit a driver consistently straight with a 265 carry and I wouldn't be worrying too much if my swing was aesthetically pleasing. I think from your video that the transition between backswing and downswing is a bit quick at the top and there should maybe be a moment of pause to help you generate the start of the hip turn rather than focusing on arm speed but its a minor observation which actually doesn't mean a whole lot if your hitting the ball so well.

My only suggestion would be to bin the long irons altogether and replace them with hybrids or at least have good hybrid options in the bag

Last edited:

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Well ive been working hard and ive recorded a new video, Ive sorted out my distance issues with my irons. Ive got my 7 iron up to 164yards which im hitting in the video. Im aware my right arm doesnt extend toward the target but the sun went in after id reviewed this and sorted it. My ball striking has improved 100% since my last vid and im starting to believe single figures is a real possibility for my first handicap. Let m know what you think.[video=youtube;aPKp-BkTbUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPKp-BkTbUI[/video]

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
you have the abilitly to get much more out of that swing. i think you are slighly out of sequence. its an all arms swing. you need to unwind from the bottom up.

[video=youtube;QL_6M_xZvq0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_6M_xZvq0[/video]

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
I see what your saying my hips do fire the rotation, just not in the same league as hogan. I'm very arm strong so its probably going to be a unique feature of my swing, I might try and rework in winter but its too close to the start of the season to go back to the drawing board. My driving has been a bit wayward so if I can't iron that out I might have no choice but to try it