Opens this year?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every year I have good intentions on playing Opens and every year I manage to play in just one or two.

I've had a look on Golf Empire and have made arrangements to play the following so far:

1/6/19: Loudoun Gowf Club (£10)
22/6/19: Largs GC (£15)
29/6/19: Bolton Old Links 4BBB (£17.50)
7/7/19: Eastwood GC (£12)
27/7/19: Bonnyton GC (£12)
11/8/19: Southerness GC (£15)
18/8/19: Cochrane Castle GC (£14)

Such a cheap and effective way to play some old favourites and some new courses.

What's on your agenda away from your home club this year?

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Trip to the Islay Open over the new Machrie in early May, competition rounds on Saturday and Sunday and a practice round on Friday if you want (£100). Excited to compare the new to the old Machrie which was a gem. New one looks a stunner too.

Trip to play Fraserburgh in the diary but not in any of their opens.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Only Saunton and one other signed up at the moment but planning a trip to the North of Scotland this year as well. Hopefully play in a couple of opens in Ireland too.

Last edited by a moderator:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
15 pencilled in at min if new job goes ahead it wil scupper that as saturday
Work is involved .. always play alot of opens . Normaly scratch cups

Last edited:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Every year I have good intentions on playing Opens and every year I manage to play in just one or two.

I've had a look on Golf Empire and have made arrangements to play the following so far:

1/6/19: Loudoun Gowf Club (£10)
22/6/19: Largs GC (£15)
29/6/19: Bolton Old Links 4BBB (£17.50)
7/7/19: Eastwood GC (£12)
27/7/19: Bonnyton GC (£12)
11/8/19: Southerness GC (£15)
18/8/19: Cochrane Castle GC (£14)

Such a cheap and effective way to play some old favourites and some new courses.

What's on your agenda away from your home club this year?

Great list.

Southernness is great value. And Bolton Old Links is a cracker, if you want to squeeze in Manchester whilst in the area give me a shout (y)

I've 'only' got Fairhaven, Prestbury & Woodhall on the list so far, am sure a few more will materialise in the next few months!

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trip to the Islay Open over the new Machrie in early May, competition rounds on Saturday and Sunday and a practice round on Friday if you want (£100). Excited to compare the new to the old Machrie which was a gem. New one looks a stunner too.
Yes... I'm going up for this one which has jumped straight into the UK & Ireland Top 100... a bargain not to be missed.. just the 9hrs to get there from Leeds but the W Isles are worth it.
I also always play several Seniors Opens around Yorkshire, but not yet booked.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Trip to play Fraserburgh in the diary but not in any of their opens.

Hopefully meet up for a beer.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have a few planned but only got The Machrie booked and paid for.

Barassie, Machrihanish Dunes or Dunaverty, plus see what else I can potentially play in.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes... I'm going up for this one which has jumped straight into the UK & Ireland Top 100... a bargain not to be missed.. just the 9hrs to get there from Leeds but the W Isles are worth it.
I also always play several Seniors Opens around Yorkshire, but not yet booked.
Mate, Islay is lovely, well worth a visit around the Island, maybe an extra day if you can spare it to visit a few of the 8 Distilleries there.
Bowmore has some really good restuarants as well.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great list.

Southernness is great value. And Bolton Old Links is a cracker, if you want to squeeze in Manchester whilst in the area give me a shout (y)

I've 'only' got Fairhaven & Woodhall on the list so far, am sure a few more will materialise in the next few months!

We're going to be looking for a game in the North West on the Friday afternoon actually.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Mate, Islay is lovely, well worth a visit around the Island, maybe an extra day if you can spare it to visit a few of the 8 Distilleries there.
Bowmore has some really good restuarants as well.

And blooming well expensive, it is not a cheap island.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Can someone explain this to me please? I assume an 'Open' is basically an 'away' match but how do you enter them and where do you find the details?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 21258

Think I am playing in a couple top 100 opens. Great value for money for both.

Hoping to play in one of Envilles opens as a number of people have said its a good course but need to make up a team, anyone fancy it on the mixed open on 28/7 for £30 each(currently me/wife).