Opening the leading hip.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In all honesty I don't know what to call it.
Over the last couple of months I have been a bit hit and miss with my driving. Tuesday I hit one 220 yds which for me is monster. I had hit half a dozen on the back nine sweet as a nut. Everything just seemed to click. I had a lesson a couple of months ago which was a bit of a revelation in the sense it stopped me swinging out to in. Which stopped a fade/ slice. Well It's not quite stopped it, but it's hell of a lot better.
However when I hit a bad un now it seems like I am topping it. Anyway today I was struggling a bit, I thought back to my lesson and just thought hit it like you did then. I smashed it straight down the middle, but what I noticed for the first time ever was I either pulled my leading hip back, opened it, or maybe a bit of both just before hitting the ball. Am not talking 6", maybe a couple of inches. On the next few drives I consciously opened my leading hip on the down swing and flippin Eck. Never noticed ave done it before. But is it me. Is it an integral part of a swing or not. Odd thing is, it just felt kinda natural once I started doing it.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Try throwing a stone/tennis ball/anything as far as you can...........
What do your hips do?

🤔😳😁👍 the simple things. Thing is Bob I don't think it has ever been mentioned before in any lesson I have had.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
🤔😳😁👍 the simple things. Thing is Bob I don't think it has ever been mentioned before in any lesson I have had.

That may be because you had other problems to fix first.
Fix the big 5 first
In no particular order.......
Speed
Clubface direction
Swing path
Angle of attack
Hit the sweet spot

These have a direct influence on the ball.

Other stuff like grip, aim, spine rotation, weight transfer, wrist angle etc etc etc don't

Fix the big 5 first

Tashyboy

Visit site
That may be because you had other problems to fix first.
Fix the big 5 first
In no particular order.......
Speed
Clubface direction
Swing path
Angle of attack
Hit the sweet spot

These have a direct influence on the ball.

Other stuff like grip, aim, spine rotation, weight transfer, wrist angle etc etc etc don't

Fix the big 5 first

Odd you should say that Bob. When I went for a lesson with Luke Allen at the Pete Cowan Acadamy, Rotherham way. He has been in touch to book another lesson to build on what we have done. Couple of reasons I haven't been back yet is one, Time. Two, I want to work on what we did in the last lesson til the end of the season. Then work on his next lesson through the winter. 3 1/2 weeks flying round the world sept/oct won't help any lessons I have now.

Cheers me man.