Open Tournaments

Birdie Hunter

Visit site
Hello forum!

First post.....

With the cancellation of most (if not all) Open competitions this year, I'm eagerly looking forward to 2021.

Anyone recommend good Open competitions to enter (I am in Scotland, but would travel a bit further afield too if it was worth it).

What's the best that you have taken part in, considering quality of course, value for money and welcome etc ?

D

Deleted member 17920

Hello forum!

First post.....

With the cancellation of most (if not all) Open competitions this year, I'm eagerly looking forward to 2021.

Anyone recommend good Open competitions to enter (I am in Scotland, but would travel a bit further afield too if it was worth it).

What's the best that you have taken part in, considering quality of course, value for money and welcome etc ?
Are there any opens in Scotland on this year or have they all been binned?

Silloth Goswick all just over the border must be a good shout.

Any Northumberland courses as well.

D

Deleted member 3432

Are there any opens in Scotland on this year or have they all been binned?

Silloth Goswick all just over the border must be a good shout.

Any Northumberland courses as well.

Silloth have cancelled all our opens this year.

Visitors more then welcome.

The Autumn Wind

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m playing in pairs opens at Woodhall Spa, Beau Desert, and Frilford Heath. Plus 36 holes at Sunningdale in August.

There are still plenty of opens available in 2020.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Plenty in Northumberland but they tend to be in pairs or 4's. Scotland seems to be mainly individual comps so if that is what you are expecting bear that in mind.

Check the Golf Empire site and if you have any questions about courses here please ask away.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
some good ones up here, i think they have re arranged the King, and they have one the next day at Nairn Dunbar on the Sunday.

there are also Open weeks at most of the clubs here so you can get 4 or 5 games depending on if its a 4 or 5 day open.
for next year there are a few walk on opens at the start of the season Golspie and Tain are the same weekend and later in the year Nairn Dunbar and Moray again the same weekend

Birdie Hunter

Visit site
some good ones up here, i think they have re arranged the King, and they have one the next day at Nairn Dunbar on the Sunday.

there are also Open weeks at most of the clubs here so you can get 4 or 5 games depending on if its a 4 or 5 day open.
for next year there are a few walk on opens at the start of the season Golspie and Tain are the same weekend and later in the year Nairn Dunbar and Moray again the same weekend

Cheers for that. Might have to pack a bag and head north!