Open entry requirements

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
I've noticed that a few opens listed on Golf Empire now have clauses like this on their entry conditions:

1681216463125.png
I'm wondering how they would easily be able to check if a player has played three individual club comps in 12 months though. I've just checked my own record and and it wasn't straightforward; as far as I can see, my EG playing record doesn't seem to distinguish between a competitive round and a general play round, so I had to compare with my personal calendar to work out what they all were. Am I missing something, or do event organisers have access to more detailed information?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
We have a requirement of 5 qualifying scores in the preceding 12 months.

Yes, quite a few opens state x "qualifying" scores but often they don't explain how they're defining "qualifying". Some fail to state the time period too. I suppose that's what you get when events are run by volunteers.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, quite a few opens state x "qualifying" scores but often they don't explain how they're defining "qualifying". Some fail to state the time period too. I suppose that's what you get when events are run by volunteers.

If it is not defined I would assume scores on a players WHS record however achieved.

Qualifying as in the Rules of Handicapping manual.