Open Competitions - Are Clubs too greedy?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We are havng an open at ours next month, it is used for fund raising for the ladies section, that said I believe we should pay a minimum of 50% of entry fees in prizes, although I doubt we will.
Our open is run by the ladies for the ladies, there is no payment to the club for the green fees.
we are charging £36 per 3 ball.

I have played in some ladies opens where they take in thousands but only pay out a small percentage in prizes, I suspect in these instances the club take out a green fee.
Not sure I agree that the course can be closed to members but the funds go straight to the ladies section rather than the club.
Does that happen with a gents open?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure I agree that the course can be closed to members but the funds go straight to the ladies section rather than the club.
Does that happen with a gents open?

It is on a Monday, which is the quietest day of the week and unlike the men's opens we only have the course for a few hours not all day.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Whatever day it is, for me at least, a section of the club should not gain any benefit. All income should go towards the whole club.

Can I ask what the ladies section does with the profit? Is it used for away days or lunches?