Open Club face on impact.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Defo no wrist rolling, that's going to require amazing timing, when you get it right it will work, get it wrong and the ball will be off the planet. (I went down that road, until I walked away from the Pro that said I needed to do it to close the face....after he weakened my grip......). Don't fan the club face, feel like the club face is looking at the ground longer on the back swing,and just start with little shots. I would try this before you adjust your grip.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
And if alignment is OK, change your grip.
i really hate all this change grip crap. it's such a cop out that pros use to put a bandage on the real issue. if he has at least a neutral grip then making it stronger is not the fix. if the club face isn't squaring through impact then there could multiple reasons why. usually poor pivot and use of the body through impact is usually the culprit.

when people try a stronger grip it tends to work initially but it seems to have a shelf like and back you go to the same old.

can i ask, as well as missing to the left do you also suffer with thin and or toe strikes?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Just to clarify........
You used to swing out to in which would explain the tendency to keep the clubface open at impact.
You now swing in to out and the clubface is still open with a neutral grip and the ball starts straight.:unsure:
I'm guessing you must be aiming right for that to happen, a common 'fix' for a slicer.
I'm more concerned about rolling the wrists on the backswing.
Try and keep your left thumb on top of the grip as you move away from the ball

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
i really hate all this change grip crap. it's such a cop out that pros use to put a bandage on the real issue. if he has at least a neutral grip then making it stronger is not the fix. if the club face isn't squaring through impact then there could multiple reasons why. usually poor pivot and use of the body through impact is usually the culprit.

when people try a stronger grip it tends to work initially but it seems to have a shelf like and back you go to the same old.

can i ask, as well as missing to the left do you also suffer with thin and or toe strikes?
It's not crap at all. Good golfers play with grips ranging from very weak through to very strong. For all you know the OP's swing may be perfect, apart from the open clubface. The easiest way to put this right, without changing his swing is to strengthen the grip. The fact is that we don't know, but changing the grip is worth a try to see what it does. The ball flight suggests that the face is open in relation to the swingpath. One way to correct this is to strengthen the grip, without altering anything else.

robbeh32

Visit site
When I say slice it's only on occasion my shots normally start a little left drawing to target these days the bad shots start left and dont draw and really bad ones start left and slice left. Like I said just not always closing the face enough. I know in fanning club open from my takeaway so will try to stop this. I will definitely stop rolling my wrists. I will also try turning my body through the shot more like hovis suggested!

robbeh32

Visit site
Haha not really just one thing at a time I guess. Will try grip then try keep keeping face more closed on takeaway. I kind of already had an idea just was wondering if there was a sure thing that could help and any sort of feelings thats would help!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a thought .
Are you sure you have the face square at address?
The number of players I see that are very careless about the setup is big.
I use two sticks when practicing my irons .
What your eyes see and what is actually happening can be miles apart.
I have always suffered with this especially putting.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok I will stop rolling wrists and try stronger grip!
If you are struggling to make a stronger grip try this. Take a normal address then lift the club up so the shaft is pointing straight out away from you. now without altering your grip rotate the club shaft in your hands so that the clubface is slightly shut (that's with the face rotated slightly to the right for a left hander. Now take your address again and rotate your wrists to make the clubface square again but dont let the grip move in your hands. Your left hand should now be more under the grip.

Not convinced it will be the answer though.

User20204

Visit site
The angle of the leading edge should be parallel with the spine as Kenny said
like Luke below

View attachment 28417

Not to dispute that but it's starting to get all to technical for what on the face of things (no pun intended) seems that the OP doesn't fully understand everything, so to throw that in may just be too much at this stage.

robbeh32

Visit site
Not to dispute that but it's starting to get all to technical for what on the face of things (no pun intended) seems that the OP doesn't fully understand everything, so to throw that in may just be too much at this stage.

I can understand it. Doesn't mean I can replicated it.