Online golf tips

G1z1

Visit site
I watch quite a bit of YouTube and since taking up golf its usually golf help/tips videos. Wanted to ask do low handicap players like 5 and under. Do you still watch golf tip videos or do you have your game sorted and don’t find them helpful anymore?
Also everyone who watches online tip videos, who is your favourite for content? the only one I really watch now is Mike bender on Instagram

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
From my experience playing with Cat 1 golfers, they have more coaching and watch more videos than the rest of us high handicappers.

Neeko1988

Visit site
I currently play off 3 and I’m obsessed, I’m currently seeing my coach twice a month. Live at the driving range and spend most my time watching YouTube videos convincing myself that every tip I watch is what’s wrong with my swing! Haha tbf though the effort certainly pays off as my handicap came down really quickly and is still going in the right direction

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My aspiration for next year is to get back to Cat1. The only instructor I watch on YT is George Gankas. That’s because he is generally talking about very similar things to what I am working on.

Many of the other more popular YT instructors are just trotting out the same old stuff that used to be in magazines, which often isn’t helpful.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
HI is 3.0
Never had an individual lesson.
Don't watch instructional videos apart from Gary Player ones that are purely for amusement and entertainment.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me (not that I am a low handicapper) watching videos of swing tips to fine tune the golf swing can be counter productive, provided the fundamentals, grip and alignment for e.g., are not causing huge issues then I find it much better to concentrate simply on how the clubhead impacts the ball. The ball doesn't know or care what your swing looks like! It only reacts to face angle, path, dynamic loft, angle of attack and speed.

Even on tour there are dozens of different looking swings that get the job done and a lot of former top 10 golfers that have plummeted down the rankings following major swing overhauls. Most of us on here do not have the athletic capability to swing a club like Rory or DJ, so trying to get into the same positions as they do would not be beneficial. Much better to find a teaching pro who can observe and then work within the limits of what his customer has imo.