One for the Irish lads

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Going on holiday with the wife and kids in August and looking to go to Donegal for a week ,which place would you recommend,Buncrana,Portsalon or Dunafaghny.

Went to Portstewart last year and they loved it but they want to go some place else as i go there every year as well.

All of the above have courses near by which is great for a round with my youngest but any recommendations would be grateful.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Portsalon has an absolutely fantastic beach, miles and miles of it and I think it is a blue flag beach.

Donegal-Portsalon-Donegal-P08-03654.jpg

with the plus side you are only 25 mins or so from letterkenny. Buncranna is ok but can be a bit rowdy at the weekends, Dunfanaghy is ok but personally I would plump for Portsalon just for the beach (and the golf ;))

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd say you've made the right choice. I heard good things about the golf there as well.

Only played Dunfanaghy myself but if it is busy there are a few suicide holes with crossing fairways. My Dad got knocked out on the 5th during a stableford comp there.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd say you've made the right choice. I heard good things about the golf there as well.

Only played Dunfanaghy myself but if it is busy there are a few suicide holes with crossing fairways. My Dad got knocked out on the 5th during a stableford comp there.

Bollox

There are no crossing fairways at Dunfanaghy granted some of the tee boxes are close to the last green/fairway but none that cross.