One day, one course, 10 rounds of golf!

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
I mentioned it on here a few weeks back, but the wheels are now in motion and I have set a day. I'm going to attempt my challenge on Wednesday 21st June at Heswall Golf Club on the Wirral. I know it is going to be hard, but I'm really excited about this and I will be supporting four charities. In the lead up I will be writing a blog which will be on my website www.jasondransfieldgolf.com and anyone local wanting to come and support would be greatly appreciated or if anyone would like to donate that would be amazing. I've just set up the donation page which is www.virginmoneygiving.com/jasondransfieldgolf. I had my first trial run on Monday night and completed 18 holes in 1hr 31min in 69 shots (-3). I know I could shave a few minutes off that time as I was only walking so the prep work starts now! Wish me luck!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
An hour and an half for 18 holes 😳, my first half hour at the course is for " bowel vacation " procedures. Good luck with it me man.

Grieve14

Head Pro
Visit site
10 rounds in a day?! I assume they are closing the course off for just you? if not what happens when you get stuck behind loads of 4 balls playing 4 hour+ rounds?

Huge challenge this! Good luck to you!!

jasondransfieldgolf

Challenge Tour Pro
jasondransfieldgolf.wordpress.com
10 rounds in a day?! I assume they are closing the course off for just you? if not what happens when you get stuck behind loads of 4 balls playing 4 hour+ rounds?

Huge challenge this! Good luck to you!!

That is the part that will make it a real challenge as the course will remain open although no one will be teeing off before 9 so I hoping I can be 4 rounds in by then. The club are on board with the challenge and I hope the members will be too, signs will be going on the tees to warn people. My biggest worry is going to be the weather.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
10 rounds, that would be some going.

I managed 7.5 at Penwortham a couple of years ago for charity. Teed off about 5ish, stood on the first waiting for it become light enough. Finished when I thought it was too dark to get another 9 in. Think I could have finished the last round but definitely not another 18.

It was non stop and everyone on the course knew what I was doing so I played straight threw everyone I came up to.

Good luck.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
10 rounds, that would be some going.

I managed 7.5 at Penwortham a couple of years ago for charity. Teed off about 5ish, stood on the first waiting for it become light enough. Finished when I thought it was too dark to get another 9 in. Think I could have finished the last round but definitely not another 18.

It was non stop and everyone on the course knew what I was doing so I played straight threw everyone I came up to.

Good luck.

What is your handicap Wes, be interesting to see if it makes that much of a difference, compared to a pro. How many shots did you take?

Obviously as he gets more tired, and if taking driver, he could me more off line and in deeper trouble.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
That is the part that will make it a real challenge as the course will remain open although no one will be teeing off before 9 so I hoping I can be 4 rounds in by then. The club are on board with the challenge and I hope the members will be too, signs will be going on the tees to warn people. My biggest worry is going to be the weather.

Can you get someone in a buggy to act as a forward marshal? They could be half a hole ahead of you asking people to step aside as you come steaming through.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
What is your handicap Wes, be interesting to see if it makes that much of a difference, compared to a pro. How many shots did you take?

Obviously as he gets more tired, and if taking driver, he could me more off line and in deeper trouble.

My handicap is 11. All my rounds were between 10 and 15 over. My game didn't seem to be affected like I thought it would be after a certain amount of rounds.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My handicap is 11. All my rounds were between 10 and 15 over. My game didn't seem to be affected like I thought it would be after a certain amount of rounds.

Very good.

Did you have any tactics like dont put driver in the bag, no "killing" drives and just keep it in play? Or did you just go all out.

It would be interesting to see if Jason has any pre-concieved tactics, also.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I just played my normal game.

Finished every hole. The only rule i did break was that if i couldn't find a ball i wpuld drop one near where i thought it would be with a 1 shot penalty. Just to keep the pace up.

But i can't remember losing many balls.

I am hoping to do it again next year with maybe 8 rounds. Just don't think their is enough light for mord than that.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was following Jason's progress yesterday and he managed the 10 rounds in a day!!!! Amazing scoring too (was 5 under after 7 rounds). I've only ever done 4 and was flagging so only god knows how sore your feet are this morning !!!!! Great effort mate, well done.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
That really is some achievement, Well done Jason!

I wouldn't mind knowing the figures involved, it's got to be 40+ miles in 20+ hrs?? In the heat of yesterday that is a monumental effort, cap well and truly doffed :thup:

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That really is some achievement, Well done Jason!

I wouldn't mind knowing the figures involved, it's got to be 40+ miles in 20+ hrs?? In the heat of yesterday that is a monumental effort, cap well and truly doffed :thup:

+1 great effort and achievement.

surely he'll get up and play 36 today, if hes off work.:whistle:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Jason, I take my hat off to you! When I heard about this initially I thought you had no chance of completing it. Hope you have raised a shedload for charity :thup: