On the subject of stableford points.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone scored single figures for 18 holes?

I played in a work comp earlier in the year in a complete downpour and only scored 14 points off a 22 hcp and that included a chip in for a 4pointer on a hole where I got 2 shots and that's the closest I've been.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lowest I ever scored was 16 off 12. However, the 16 included 2 four pointers within 3 holes. Just couldn't get the ball off the ground and found every bit of water on the course. The food afterwards was good though.

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep scored 7 points last week at Salgados in Portugal. Everyother ball was in the water and the every ball inbetween that was slapped around the course.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
At my last club we had a guy who would regularly struggle to beat 20 and posted a few single figure scores.
Played in a Society as a Guest at the Belfry years ago. One Guy in my group - ok not a regular player but he knew what to do - picked up when he got to 10.

On every hole:eek:

That's right - Nil, nothing, nada, none, not a sausage, bugger all.:confused:

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not me but we have a guy in our society who regularly scores single figures. To be fair to him, he doesn't play very often. His nickname is "binary Clive". On a golf weekend recently he managed 3 points one round, 17 blobs and a 5 for 3 :D

bubba123405

Visit site
i played in a 36 hole society do a few months ago and a bloke called Ray who was playing of 24 managed 3 points over the 18 in the morning. He duely came out in the afternoon and his score over 18 in the afternoon- 2 points. 5 points over 36 holes- beat that!