Olympic Golf-Womens Event

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A little radical I know but I think it is time the role of the caddy should be restricted to a more traditional role of bag carrier,for both the male and female professional game.
In an age of DMD's surely pros can do more of their own calculations and take more responsibility for their shot making options?

U

User62651

I read that Justin Rose left his course notes for Hull and Matthew, nice thing to do, Rose thinking about team GB again, hopefully will give some insight/advantage to the GB ladies and their caddies.

Crocodile JD

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just watching it made my teeth itch, Lydia Ko's aimpoint putting routine in particular, great player but painful to watch on the green. Sandra Gal was frankly taking the proverbial on all shots.

complete opposite - Charlie Hull grabs the club, steps up - BANG - even her caddie had to tell her to slow down :D

I honestly don't know how the fast ones cope playing with the painfully slow ones.

Totally agree with this and Anna Nordqvist was another that was painful to watch (must be a Swedish thing with Stenson as well?)
She and Ko were in the same group as Charley Hull and Charley looked visible irritated

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Does anyone know a statistic on how long the rounds in a typical PGA and LPGA event take? There must be official numers on that somewhere?

One of the girls, Stacey Lewis I think, as saying it was similar pace to normal LPGA events...ie Glacial.....

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Totally agree with this and Anna Nordqvist was another that was painful to watch (must be a Swedish thing with Stenson as well?)
She and Ko were in the same group as Charley Hull and Charley looked visible irritated

They (the last group) were also having to wait for the group in front to clear for most of their shots, so 'the problem' would seem to be (gradual degradation?) from earlier groups!

Roland

Assistant Pro
www.canal-view.co.uk
Who on earth left the rake at the front of the bunker just where everyone's drives were rolling! I wouldn't have been happy to have hit that drive only to have it diverted into the bunker.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well all the moaning about slow play aside...charley hull is in a great position with 2 rounds to go. Hope she can continue it into tomorrow and Saturday

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to watch. I always thinknew the ladies golf is more relatable to us amateur golfers, with some less than pretty swings & shorter distances. As for growing the game.... not sure tuning in to hear the rounds are taking over 5 hours will be helping!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’ve enjoyed the first two days

The quality of play has been good, among others the young woman from India looks like she’s really enjoying it, Park is clearly recovered enough from injury, GB are placed well and my two outsider tips are both in the top 10

The pace doesn’t bother me because I’m not on the tee waiting and the editing of the broadcast doesn’t reflect the pace anyway

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would be good to see Charley Hull repeat British success but looking tough with that leaderboard. Still she's right in the mix and hopefully another strong round to come today. Still hard viewing though and even the normally pedestrian pro event on the PGA tour looked speedier than the women in Brazil

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Would be good to see Charley Hull repeat British success but looking tough with that leaderboard. Still she's right in the mix and hopefully another strong round to come today. Still hard viewing though and even the normally pedestrian pro event on the PGA tour looked speedier than the women in Brazil

I don't get this, hard viewing!

Its not as if its the early RC rounds or matchplay latter stages where there's naff all to see except for one or two groups that give a TV viewer a sense of slow pace

They've been jumping round the field more than a tour event would showing a wider cross section of players. I don't know who's filming but my only criticism for a non golfer viewer would be they could be a bit slicker switching from player to player so that it joins at PSR (although for any golfer its interesting to hear the caddy/player discussion)

I think there's a danger in hearing its a 5 1/2 hr round and then seeing someone take time over a tricky approach or putt and taking on the default bitch/moan mode about how slow it is

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't get this, hard viewing!

Its not as if its the early RC rounds or matchplay latter stages where there's naff all to see except for one or two groups that give a TV viewer a sense of slow pace

They've been jumping round the field more than a tour event would showing a wider cross section of players. I don't know who's filming but my only criticism for a non golfer viewer would be they could be a bit slicker switching from player to player so that it joins at PSR (although for any golfer its interesting to hear the caddy/player discussion)

I think there's a danger in hearing its a 5 1/2 hr round and then seeing someone take time over a tricky approach or putt and taking on the default bitch/moan mode about how slow it is

Completely agree. The coverage is non stop, ad free, and like you say has been alternating between players so it's not 'hard viewing' in my opinion

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I am so mad at the German tv channels. They showed some of the round in a livestream yesterday and at some point in the middle of the round just stopped and switched to badminton. Why? I mean, I understand (partly) for the tv broadcast. But for an internet stream? They could just create another one for the Badminton match. Showing part of a round is like showing minutes 32 - 74 of a football match. Totally annoying.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I am so mad at the German tv channels. They showed some of the round in a livestream yesterday and at some point in the middle of the round just stopped and switched to badminton. Why? I mean, I understand (partly) for the tv broadcast. But for an internet stream? They could just create another one for the Badminton match. Showing part of a round is like showing minutes 32 - 74 of a football match. Totally annoying.

Shame after you were really looking forward to it

Really lucky our broadcaster has allocated 9 hours each day so far with one 30 second ad break per hour so when I get in from work its still got 5 hours to run
hope they improve it for the weekend for you