Old Farts v Whippersnappers itinerary.....(last thread on the subject!).

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll be travelling up from South Leicestershire, anybody fancy car sharing?
I should be able to fit two passengers and gear in the car.

Region, I'll be passing not too far from you if you're interested.

There was talk at Woburn of myself and Eejit car sharing for Woodhall Spa, but if you reckon you could fit both of us in with our gear then that would be even better, provided no-one has PM'd you in the meantime about it?

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry Gary - took my updated list from the wrong thread!!
1 PN WOKINGHAM (Capt)
Paul - 14
2 CALVIN LAWRENCE
Calvin - 10
3 GIBBO
Steve - 28
4 MAD ADEY
Adey - 10
5 ALAN BANNISTER
Alan - 8
6 EWAN PORRITT
Ewan - 16
7 POKERJOKE
Tony - 9
8 AZTECS27
Jon - 19
9 G_MULLIGAN
Greg - 25
10 PIEMAN
Paul - 5
11 JUSTONE
James - 6
12 MURPHTHEMOG
Chis - 10
13 RICHARDC
Richard - 17
14 REGION3
Gary - 7
15 ACHILLES
Dave - 12
16 STEVE79
Steve - 20

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One thing captain grumpy and I agreed on was to not play with the same people on each day!! So we will mix up the winners on Sunday morning!:whoo:The only given is that me and him are number 1 on the Sunday. I will sort out the Paella list for Saturday in the bar at midday. The earlier you get there the better - and allow lots of time as the roads are pants when you leave the A.
Jon - if I get there early enough I might see you at your folks place - I will aim for 10ish - would be good to talk some tactics for the courses as it is 7 years since I was last there

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jon - if I get there early enough I might see you at your folks place - I will aim for 10ish - would be good to talk some tactics for the courses as it is 7 years since I was last there

No problem mate. I'll PM you my phone number, although the signal in Woodhall is pony due to being in the middle of nowhere! My mrs. is wedding dress shopping all weekend so I'll be around early Saturday.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
There was talk at Woburn of myself and Eejit car sharing for Woodhall Spa, but if you reckon you could fit both of us in with our gear then that would be even better, provided no-one has PM'd you in the meantime about it?

I've got an estate car with split fold rear seats so three plus gear should be possible but it depends on what your gear comprises. I've got a pull trolley and stand bag, what do you and Eejit have?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got an estate car with split fold rear seats so three plus gear should be possible but it depends on what your gear comprises. I've got a pull trolley and stand bag, what do you and Eejit have?

I'll have cart bag, leccy trolley and a holdall for clothes etc.
I can't remember whether Eejit was push trolley or electric. I only played 36 holes with him at Woburn but I'm not very observant! :mad:

My mate has the older Passat and we've got 3 electric trolleys and cart bags in before.
Maybe try it and if it doesn't work I'll follow you in my car.

Having said that let's see if Eejit's plans are still the same first.

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'll have cart bag, leccy trolley and a holdall for clothes etc.
I can't remember whether Eejit was push trolley or electric. I only played 36 holes with him at Woburn but I'm not very observant! :mad:

My mate has the older Passat and we've got 3 electric trolleys and cart bags in before.
Maybe try it and if it doesn't work I'll follow you in my car.

Having said that let's see if Eejit's plans are still the same first.

Sounds good.

Eejit

Assistant Pro
Visit site
FAO Region 3 & Crow.... Sorry chaps but i have let Smiffy know that i cant make it, the DJ i use to cover my nights in Newquay has let me down big time and ruined a few of my golf jollies by clearing off to spain to DJ for the summer season.... Was looking forward to Woodhall too and booked in at my brothers house in Leicester for a couple of nights too.... ;0(

fat-tiger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
bit of info for yer, been down there today played the hotchkin, greens been microtined but shud be closed up in a week or so ,not been down for a few weeks and really noticed the differance in the course,really coming along now,greens have been cut abit shorter not lightening fast but fast enough,5th par is still on the winter tee has proper tee has been re turfed,but actually a harder hole off winter tee,

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
bit of info for yer, been down there today played the hotchkin, greens been microtined but shud be closed up in a week or so ,not been down for a few weeks and really noticed the differance in the course,really coming along now,greens have been cut abit shorter not lightening fast but fast enough,5th par is still on the winter tee has proper tee has been re turfed,but actually a harder hole off winter tee,

That'll frighten the little boys!!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
FAO Region 3 & Crow.... Sorry chaps but i have let Smiffy know that i cant make it, the DJ i use to cover my nights in Newquay has let me down big time and ruined a few of my golf jollies by clearing off to spain to DJ for the summer season.... Was looking forward to Woodhall too and booked in at my brothers house in Leicester for a couple of nights too.... ;0(

Unlucky Eejit, hope you can find a replacement in time to get some golf in over the summer.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
With Eejit dropping out does this mean a whippersnapper replaces him and Murph becomes an Old Fart?:whistle:

Dermot (Eejit) let me know a couple of weeks ago (just after Woburn) that he couldn't make it. He has been replaced by Richarts mate (Jeremy Cave) in the team....

1 SMIFFY (Capt)
2 HOBBIT
3 RAY TAYLOR
4 JEREMY CAVE
5 TXL
6 GREG LINDLEY
7 LEFTIE
8 NORMAN PORRITT
9 RICKG
10 RICHART
11 GJBIKE
12 SWEATYSOCK41
13 VIG
14 CHARLIE
15 YERMAN
16 CROW

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I only just beat you the other Sunday Paul. Don't be so hard on yourself.
I thought you played quite well actually.
But you're so good Rob, I just don't know what to do! :whistle::blah::blah::blah:

Updated winners list
1 PN WOKINGHAM (Capt)Paul - 14
2 CALVIN LAWRENCECalvin - 10
3 GIBBOSteve - 28
4 MAD ADEYAdey - 10
5 ALAN BANNISTERAlan - 8
6 EWAN PORRITTEwan - 16
7 POKERJOKETony - 9
8 AZTECS27Jon - 19
9 G_MULLIGANGreg - 25
10 PIEMANPaul - 5
11 JUSTONEJames - 6