Old Course - Xmas Day

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Can't believe anyone would rather play golf than spend it with friends and family at that time of year. It's stealing plain and simple and would be officially closed and plenty of H&S considerations with the public walking about
I often work it now, as I just can’t be bothered with it. Seeing family and stuff is kind of nice I guess, but after a few hours with them I’m bored out of my mind. I don’t play on Christmas Day but I can absolutely understand why one would.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Usual, Homer makes an innocent or harmless remark and the thread details!

😂😂😂

Homer I'm with you, time for family and yes I appreciate not everyone is in the same boat.

D

Deleted member 15344

If you play a golf course without paying the required green fee or membership then in all essence you are stealing from the club

If it’s not stealing what is it ?

Last edited by a moderator:

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If you play a golf course without paying the required green fee or membership then in all essence you are stealing from the club

Question: Is it true the Old Course is FREE on Xmas Day? (as we'd been told by a St Andrews resident) ie. the Green Fee is £0. ZERO. NOTHING.
Not question: Will I be able to nip onto the old Course without paying?

Last edited by a moderator:

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site

Taking advantage of the goodwill rumour* offered to all men (and women) on Christmas Day?

*now confirmed to be nothing more than a rumour

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Re earlier theme... I'd rather play golf than sit indoors on Xmas Day.... but the weather is usally rubbish and besides, my Mrs would kill me!!
When I was a teenager I once cleared off pike fishing on Christmas Day... I said it was only the same as kids who went for ride on their new bike!! :unsure:

D

Deleted member 1418

If you ask me a free round on the Old Course after opening pressies and before a slap-up Christmas dinner with family and a load of drink is just about the perfect Christmas Day if you ask me!!! 😉😂😂

D

Deleted member 15344

If you ask me a free round on the Old Course after opening pressies and before a slap-up Christmas dinner with family and a load of drink is just about the perfect Christmas Day if you ask me!!! 😉😂😂
Yep - sounds perfect 🏌🏿‍♂️

Done it a few times ( not the old course ), won’t be able to this year as working nights