Officially a pensioner

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Enjoy that buss pass, pensioner specials in certain midweek cafes, the ability to be grumpy and somehow get away with it more 😂

Are you suddenly attracted to The Edinburgh Woollen Mill and newspaper supplements selling convenient items to help you put your socks on, get up off the floor etc?
I’ve got just a few days over three months to go before I get the bus pass that I didn’t know I’d qualify for.

Just over three years since my company gave me voluntary exit on pretty decent terms and I (actually we) decided at that point that work could take a back seat…no actually…work could get off my bus…plenty of living to do.

Though money is not plentiful and there are times…they are relatively and mostly inconsequential…No regrets whatsoever.

And so I look forward to my bus pass and pensioner midweek hair cuts. But must stop being so grumpy.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve got just a few days over three months to go before I get the bus pass that I didn’t know I’d qualify for.

Just over three years since my company gave me voluntary exit on pretty decent terms and I (actually we) decided at that point that work could take a back seat…no actually…work could get off my bus…plenty of living to do.

Though money is not plentiful and there are times…they are relatively and mostly inconsequential…No regrets whatsoever.

And so I look forward to my bus pass and pensioner midweek hair cuts. But must stop being so grumpy.
Nooooo......

Being grumpy is one of the pleasures of being a pensioner :)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Not quite there yet, but reaching that next January. I spoke to my boss to give him plenty of notice and they have asked if I would stay on for a further year on reduced hours. As my missus still works Monday to Wednesday, and I would just get loads of tasks to do while she's working, I have agreed.
Maybe now they will put a succession plan into place.
I might still change my mind before then though.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not quite there yet, but reaching that next January. I spoke to my boss to give him plenty of notice and they have asked if I would stay on for a further year on reduced hours. As my missus still works Monday to Wednesday, and I would just get loads of tasks to do while she's working, I have agreed.
Maybe now they will put a succession plan into place.
I might still change my mind before then though.
My missus still does a couple of days a week, and was doing that when I took voluntary exit and decided to knock the working lark on the head. And yes - I am usually provided with a little list of jobs to be done - but getting the tasks done is my pass to head off to the club…👍

More importantly. The nature of her job is such that it is easy for her to not do her two days a week, giving her boss a little notice - or almost none if that is what circumstances demand - and with me not having any work commitments we can be totally flexible around trips away and going up north to support her mum.