Official WHS Survey

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Doesn't fill me with confidence that my answers might count for anything if I have to answer the first question as 'other'

Might try again later...

RichA

Visit site
Oh indeed, tho from personal experience, vey few
My personal experience is that I've never actually heard anyone complain about it at mine or other clubs; just read complaints on here and linked GM articles. Be interesting if the results of the survey are published.

Reactions: sjw

D-S

Visit site
My personal experience is that I've never actually heard anyone complain about it at mine or other clubs; just read complaints on here and linked GM articles. Be interesting if the results of the survey are published.
I would be interested in seeing the results but they would need to be subdivided by country as peoples views and perspectives will differ according to each country’s different implementations of WHS.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh indeed, tho from personal experience, vey few
People love to moan about things and never want to praise things - just look at the difference in post number on the Gladden the Heart to Random Irritations. Just because you don't hear people praising the system doesn't mean that nobody likes it. I suspect the survey will get more negative comments because that is human nature and those who are content, or who just accept WHS won't comment on it.

Reactions: sjw

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I would be interested in seeing the results but they would need to be subdivided by country as peoples views and perspectives will differ according to each country’s different implementations of WHS.
They should be as the options are there, including UK that then subdivides into constituent countries.

It would absolutely make sense, the Yanks for example loved playing on their own and still being able to put in a card, that's now gone, so not an issue you'll see anyone outside the USA complaining about.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I've done the survey.
I did not "strongly" agree or disagree anything. Agreeing or disagreeing is enough for me.

I prefer the new system to the old, but the questions were framed in such a way that I felt I was finding more faults than favours.

Questionnaires are often like that, however. Construing general opinions from a limited set of questions is a very inexact science.

PCC came up, but nothing about course ratings and slope ratings specifically.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've done the survey.
I did not "strongly" agree or disagree anything. Agreeing or disagreeing is enough for me.

I prefer the new system to the old, but the questions were framed in such a way that I felt I was finding more faults than favours.

Questionnaires are often like that, however. Construing general opinions from a limited set of questions is a very inexact science.

PCC came up, but nothing about course ratings and slope ratings specifically.
I preferred the old but my dislike of the new is restricted to a few aspects. There are parts of it that I think are improvements and my response to the survey reflects that. I am not anti WHS, just disagree with some aspects.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Done.
I was mainly positive. The only gripes I had were about manipulation upwards, sorry, but I don't care about manipulation downwards.

And how of all the golfers I am in regular contact with, only two of us have a good understanding of how it works. It remains too complicated for the others regardless of how many times we have explained it, and the benefits of understanding it.

C7usk

Visit site
Done. Don't forget though- some of us actually like it.
Agreed with you Rich.. As do all my limited playing partners.. Great being able to put in a counting score regularly, without having to play in a comp on a certain day....the banter between us all regarding hcps is quality... Especially when yer mate has like 4 good scores to come off in a row and you start winding them up about it.. Lol.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
My real-life golf friends certainly seem more positive about it than negative. The survey is a good idea as it seems to be human nature to vocalise complaints more than praise; so forums and socials are always skewed to towards the negative.