Official WHS Survey

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Real golfers can and do vary enormously from the standard model golfers used to produce the ratings. One individual's perception of what is difficult (or not) from a relatively small sample size is not a reliable benchmark for deciding whether course ratings are accurate. Nor are they a model golfer with the consistency required in order to usefully compare performance across the various courses with respect to the ratings.
I will be back with our course ratings when they come through. Yellow currently 67.8, white 70.2, no changes since 12 years ago.

I'm guessing 69 and 71.5

Let's see

AussieKB

Visit site
In 2016 I had a couple of General Managers from England staying with me in West OZ, one off a 5 and the other off a 12 handicap.

I told them that when the English (World) Handicap System came in that the 12 marker would go out to 16, they both laughed and said I had no idea how it works.

This year playing in England the 5 was now a 7, and the 12 played off 20, he had all kinds of excuses on why he went up, but each time we played match play he enjoyed all those extra shots, the 7 marker was not happy with his handicap as he had never been higher than a 5 handicap for over 30 years.

I did mention that there would be a lot of debate or arguing about this new system and it seems I have been proved right.