"Off White Finish"

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Just purchased some balls from eBay some are Refurbs that look "off white/yellowish"

Any tips on how to get them gleaming again?

Apart from repainting them :whistle:

Thanks

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The trouble with refurbs/refinished is that you do not have a true idea of what the actual balls is.

Off whit/yellow original is a sure sign that the ball has been in water for along time.

Best advice I can offer is to soak in an 'active' power oxy spray , such as is used for getting stains out of clothes.

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
These balls aren’t refurbs chaps, these have just been found either submerged in water or in the rough. Cheers

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
As you are, inevitably, going to send these balls back to their native habitat in the long grass, I'd suggest you leave them as they are with their natural pelt. They will re-integrate more easily when they get home ...

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
These balls aren’t refurbs chaps, these have just been found either submerged in water or in the rough. Cheers

When they were found isn't the issue - it's when they were lost that matters.

If they have discoloured it is generally because of the conditions and time they have sat somewhere ie they have degraded. It may just be the colour of the cover, or it may be more significant - most covers that discolour will also harden up.

I have played balls I've found almost exclusively for the last 25 years so ive no problem with the concept of a second hand ball - but if it discoloured (or refurbished!) I wouldn't use it at all.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been buying lake balls for years. Never had discoloured ones though. Perhaps one to mark down to experience and not buy from that place again.

Have you contacted the supplier and mentioned the colour?