Off the tee!!

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi guys,

Played 18 today at my local course and had a pretty enjoyable round with the odd par and birdie opportunity that was quickly surrendered!

However, I am finding that my tee shots are often landing me in a spot of bother and therefore requiring me too take an extra shot to play away from the danger I have found myself in. This can be from drifting off onto another fairway, finding bushes etc, requiring me too drop shots off the tee, resulting in some pretty naff scores, when in truth the rest of my game is pretty tidy!

Any tips or suggestions as too how I can stay safe off the tee, and play better more consistent shots!?

Thanks! :)

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
If it is your driver then switch to a 3 wood or if it is all your woods try a hybrid or a long iron. This will mean laying up on long par 4s and most par 5s but if your short game is good it will mean taking the big scores off your card replaced with bogey's

This is just a temporary solution though long term I would have some lessons and get some quality practice in at the range.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Im thinking that some quality practice on the driving range will help, I hadn't played for four weeks up until today, because of working commitments, so that is probably another reason why too.

Towards the end of my game I started to become a bit more settled off the tee, it was just the first few holes, where everything was a bit all over the place!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It sounds to me that you need to work on improving driver shots. I would also suggest that you may not need the driver on some tees. As suggested, where the fairway is tight tee off with a club that may sacrifice some distance but land on the short stuff a little more.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I ditched my driver for today, and I began to focus on my irons and hybrids off the tee, and in one holes case, my pitching wedge off the tee, which worked pretty well, as this was one of the holes I scored a par!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try using a driver with more loft ? May be easier to hit. I believe most people at our level are just as consistent with the driver as they are with a 3 wood.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Any hole below 350yds use a hybrid or iron, you'll still only have a 7, 8 or 9 iron left!