Odyssey face insert repair

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

The metal face insert thing on my o works versa 1w putter is peeling away near the toe. There’s a gap of about 1-2mm, roughly 1cm wide. Anyone have any experience of repairing them? Could I squirt glue in and press it down? I’m not sure what’s underneath so not sure if glue will ‘take’. Or is it a case of getting the insert fully out?

Cheers!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a bit of a thing with this range, I had one. A previous owner tried gluing it but they could not get the face fully flat and so it ended up being useless. It did stick, just not flat ?

Have a go, nothing to lose.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’d contact Odyssey they replaced one putter in warranty and when that one went outside warranty they replaced with another putter without the stupid mesh on it.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I bought it second hand from the pro shop, sounds like I need to take it back to him, was hoping it would be a small job I could do myself!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I took the insert off, cleaned everything up with wet and dry then glued it back down.

Not looking good for a replacement/repair at the pro shop so I’ll have a go at repairing it myself. What’s wet and dry, and what sort of glue did you use?

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Not looking good for a replacement/repair at the pro shop so I’ll have a go at repairing it myself. What’s wet and dry, and what sort of glue did you use?
A very thin smear of epoxy resin, been fine for the last couple of years. wet and dry is very smooth emery paper the type used on body / paint repair on cars. I used 500 grit.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Go onto eBay and type in Odyssey Putter insert. You can buy different inserts (aftermarket) which you can glue in yourself.

Contact the seller for advice.

I had one made for a previous putter. The carbon ones give an amazing sound and a different feel.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Go onto eBay and type in Odyssey Putter insert. You can buy different inserts (aftermarket) which you can glue in yourself.

Contact the seller for advice.

I had one made for a previous putter. The carbon ones give an amazing sound and a different feel.

Interesting, thanks. They seem to be about £19, reasonable.