Odyssey Exo Putters

Chico84

Visit site
I’ve been looking at putters to try out for a fitting now that we can go into shops again and I came across the Exo putters from Odyssey. I was wondering if anyone knew why they don’t seem to be produced any more. Not much trace of them on the Odyssey website but they seemed to have got good reviews when they were brought out.

I’d have thought that Odyssey would have wanted to capitalise on what was meant o be their highest MOI putters, especially when they combined them with Stroke Lab tech.

As they don’t seem to be available new anymore I’m unlikely to be able to test them out anywhere but I was intrigued that they seem to have just disappeared from sale as new.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I seem to recall seeing them on sale at silly cheap prices somewhere leading me to think they've been discontinued, like the Red Ball, because, certainly to my eyes, theh look crap and didnt sell as a result.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Clubhouse Golf has the indianapolis model in stock but definitely limited now. I didn't like th elook of them when they were released and though it was one of the weaker Odyssey ranges and I guess unit sales simply didn't justify keeping them going. That and we're probably due another release anytime soon

Chico84

Visit site
Interesting to hear that. You’d have thought with the marketing spiel of brining together Exo, Stroke Lab and Hinge Face they’d have been more successful but I guess this is where golf club design differs from drivers, say. Even if you hit a fancy driver badly it could still go miles and move towards the hole. If you hit a putter badly you miss and potentially move away from it.

From a price perspective I’ve only seen one really cheap Exo offer, the rest of the shops seem to have them similarly pegged at Stroke Lab prices. If that’s the case I reckon I’m better off going and trying out what is available in store rather than worrying about something that didn’t work or sell well.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Odyssey churn their product lines too often with too little progression for me.
Each new "technology enhancement" is just a rehash of models with a new and improved gimmick.
A different insert or colour scheme on a no.7 is still a no.7 with just the putter equivalent of a car's mid cycle facelift.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I've had Odyssey and initially liked it. It was a good few generations ago - the Versa. But ultimately I felt it was not responsive enough to work for longer putts and I prefer putters without an insert.

Interesting though that Odyssey seems to be the most used putter on Tour and plenty of guys use them who don't have Callaway equipment deals.
Webb Simpson for one is gaming an Odyssey with a titleist / Scotty headcover. I'm sure McDowell has always used a White Hot, again, despite having a long term relationship with Cleveland / Srixon. No doubt both are knocking back a few quid from their main sponsor to use off brand putters.

As for the Exo, I'd guess it's just a case of not wanting to dilute their marketing by having too many lines on the go at the one time.